C&D Crooner

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokin' Blues

Reaction score
I was just going through my small collection of baccys and found a small (1 pint size) jar of C&D Crooner that I had forgotten about. Must be at least 4 years old because I started dating my jars in 2007. This jar didn't have a date. I cracked it open and loaded up a bowl. The cube cut burley is nice and nutty and the deer tongue in this blend is different, but not all together bad. Any opinions on this blend?

I've enjoyed the burley mix for a number of years, but have finally decided to add a touch of 5Bros to enhance the burn. It seems like forever to get the blend started.

NS never smoked it but am a huge fan of burley, I'll keep my eye on the prize!!!!!! thanks for sharing bro!!

I'll agree with the burn Morleysson, it does need something to improve the burn.

Piet, It's a pretty good burley blend, but as I said before the deer tongue is different. It adds a different twist to the burley.

Thanks NS
BTW, just got some Uhle's #300 from Natch, it's cubed cut burley and just Fantatic!!!

Several years back this was my favoriet summer, cubed burley blend. I had one slightly off pound that just wasn't right (or my taste were off?) and haven't tried it in at least five years now. I'll have to give it a whirl again. Price is good.

Natch

It's suggested that Crooner was Bing Crosby's blend. I think it's got a bit too much deer tongue for me, but then that's my tastes.