C&D Plantation Evening

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokey422

Reaction score
The following is a review I posted for this wonderful blend on Tobacco Reviews. It doesn't seem to get mentioned a lot and I think a lot of English smokers would enjoy it if they tried it.

What a fabulous blend this is! Craig Tarler has hit a perfect balance between the Latakia, Perique, Turkish, and Virginias. The smoke is wonderfully complex, with the sweetness of the Virginias, the smokiness of the Latakia, the creaminess of the Turkish, and the spicyness of the Perique all having a chance to shine through. We've all heard those hypothetical "what tobaccos would you want with you on a desert island" questions. If I was only allowed four tobaccos, this would be one of them. Four BIG stars!

Smokey

This is one I like a lot, probably my favourite C&D Lat blend.

alfredo_buscatti":cmsbmyz9 said:
How much of a presence is the latakia?
The Latakia is there but it's not the major player. It's just a nice balance with the VAs playing the dominant role and the Perique in the background. I personally have gotten away from most heavy Latakia blends, like C&D Pirate Kake.

Smokey

Natch":ax548bpi said:
This was my favorite Lat. blend a while back. I haven't bought it for years, but perhaps I need to buy some again. Nice, mild smoke as I recall.

Natch
Natch, it is a nice mild smoke, one that is good for all day. Darn, I sound like a C&D salesman!

Smokey