C&D's Two Friends series - Redwood

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

str8razor

Reaction score
www.cornellanddiehl.com describes it as follows.....

Redwood: A mixture for Virginia lovers! We start with naturally sweet red and stoved red Virginia tobaccos, add enough perique to provide some body and spice things up a bit, and finish the blend with a pinch of unflavored black toasted Cavendish. The color is reminiscent of the hues of a redwood forest; the flavor is rich and soothing, and the room aroma is as pleasing as a walk in the woods after a gentle spring rain.

What are your thoughts on it.

I just finished a 2oz sample and am quite pleased with it. It is deffinately a smoke like no other I've smoked and will deffinatley be buying a couple of pounds to cellar.

As I am not very good at "Reviewing" blends I was just trying to get some input from some that have tried it.

Redwood is one of my favorites...Smooth, sweet, with enough Perique for a bit of spiceness. I have cellared it and it definitley improves with age; the sweetness seems to be enhanced with time.

I will definitely be getting some in my next order. Can't wait. I may have to just suck it up and pick up a tin from the B&M

NeroWolfe":t3reuj85 said:
Redwood is one of my favorites...Smooth, sweet, with enough Perique for a bit of spiceness. I have cellared it and it definitley improves with age; the sweetness seems to be enhanced with time.
I was hoping for a reply that would confirm my suspicion on the aging. I wasnt sure how it would age given the Cavendish in it.
Even though it is a VA, I have had some VA/Cav's that hadnt age very well.

ZeroContent":731zmar3 said:
I will definitely be getting some in my next order. Can't wait. I may have to just suck it up and pick up a tin from the B&M

I highly recomend it. I dont think you'll disappointed at all.

ZeroContent":or1kmyaz said:
ZC, as interest rates are still rather low, I would suggest you take out a second (or third?) mortgage on the house, as your "next order" should be somewhere in the six to seven figure range! :lol:

Natch