Cabelas

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatman

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
we finally got a Cabelas store up here. There were 4000 people at the grand opening and 8000 total for the day! Man, I am glad I skipped that mess. I will check it out in the near future though  :face: 

No store near me but I've found good deals on rod and reel combos in the catalog.

Get on over there and have a ball.

If they have a returns room, I recommend going there first.

I don't have a Cabela's near by, but I do have a Bass Pro Shop. They have a bar, a giant fish tank with a behemoth catfish among others in it, a trout pond, and a turtle pond. It's basically Disney World for grown dudes. Though after a stint at the bar you might start thinking buying a boat is a great idea.

gnossos":ii5l54zg said:
I don't have a Cabela's near by, but I do have a Bass Pro Shop.  They have a bar, a giant fish tank with a behemoth catfish among others in it, a trout pond, and a turtle pond.  It's basically Disney World for grown dudes.  Though after a stint at the bar you might start thinking buying a boat is a great idea.
We have a Bass Pro Shop opening next month! I am looking forward to that. If life takes me to either coast when I leave here, I will most likely get a boat :)

There's a Cabela's about ten miles from me. Great place. Their fly tying shop is nicely stocked and for ambiance they have a small airplane suspended from the ceiling.

The Cabelas in Hamburg PA is about the largest store I've ever been in. (It has a plane hung inside at the animal mount/diorama). Best of all, Cigars International is right next door.

Fatman":vl0dn7ap said:
gnossos":vl0dn7ap said:
I don't have a Cabela's near by, but I do have a Bass Pro Shop.  They have a bar, a giant fish tank with a behemoth catfish among others in it, a trout pond, and a turtle pond.  It's basically Disney World for grown dudes.  Though after a stint at the bar you might start thinking buying a boat is a great idea.
We have a Bass Pro Shop opening next month! I am looking forward to that. If life takes me to either coast when I leave here, I will most likely get a boat :)
I'd love a boat.  If you do get one, be sure you go in to it with the common knowledge that it's this thing that floats in the water that you throw money at.

Break Out Another Thousand.

You know what I've found is better than owning a boat?

Knowing a friend who owns a boat.

A new Cabelas is under construction in Charlotte now. Looking forward to having a store here.

Fr Tom, you and I are 8 months late to the thread but I thought the exact same thing... How do you tell us "I bought a rifle" and not share the details man??? Lol.

puros_bran":qec79n2q said:
Fr Tom, you and I are 8 months late to the thread but I thought the exact same thing... How do you tell us "I bought a rifle" and not share the details man???  Lol.
My sentiments exactly...

I figure it is better late than never.

Fr_Tom":w15jqr7b said:
I figure it is better late than never.
That's what I said when the first ex was always late on her monthly visitor.

Fr_Tom":3kqep8j8 said:
Fatman":3kqep8j8 said:
I went today and bought a rifle......
What did you get? We need details on things like rifles.
I am remiss in my duties and will report for flogging......

I bought a Century Arms C-93. It is a clone of the H&K model 93, in .223  caliber.  I had not planned on purchasing a .223, however with the lack of .22 around I wanted something cheaper to shoot than .308 or 30-06.

Nice.. How does it actually shoot? I've shouldered them several times but never had the oportunity to fire one.

puros_bran":d9xwmsyf said:
Nice.. How does it actually shoot?  I've shouldered them several times but never had the oportunity to fire one.
It shoots nicely,  accuracy is fine, and recoil is less than an AR-15 style weapon.  Add ons can be a bit pricey, there are not as many options as an AR platform. Not that my AR-15 is dolled up. When I bought it, it was on sale for 549.00 and for me it is good value for my dollar.