Cairo

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skip48

Reaction score
I am just hoping that someone can tell me what I should be experiencing with Cairo. I popped a tin of 2007 of this and I am surprised a bit, but should it have some sort of fruit taste/smell?

Anyway would love to hear what someone that has tried it says,

Skip

Would you describe it like figs, raisins, or more of a cherry or apricot. Makes me think of erinmore flake and the piña topping I'm trying to give a fair shot.

Only had one bowl so far and will try to figure out better which it is more like. No cherry though, at lest I don't think so.

Skip

Carlos":fbsr7afa said:
That smell is a great thing. The aging factor.
Ah so that is what we are looking for huh? I have never opened any more than 1 year old and that was some Beacon, but didn't have this much of the fruit smell and taste. My taste is coming back, but not all the way yet so will not try it again until fully back.

Thanks as I was wondering if that was it,

Skip

Skip48":mnu5li9y said:
Carlos":mnu5li9y said:
That smell is a great thing. The aging factor.
Ah so that is what we are looking for huh? I have never opened any more than 1 year old and that was some Beacon, but didn't have this much of the fruit smell and taste. My taste is coming back, but not all the way yet so will not try it again until fully back.

I already put it in a jar and sealed it.

Thanks as I was wondering if that was it,

Skip

Cairo is a mix of Va's & Orientals. I found it to have a topping that didn't appeal. Piet enjoyed the rest of the tin.

One of only two GLP blends that I don't particularly care for, the other being Hados Delight. Rather surprising, as I love most Virginia and vaper blends, but those two don't ring my bell. Now most of his other blends, on the other hand...

Natch

I think if it didn't have the age on it I wouldn't like it either, but it smells so strong of a fruit smell and I guess I would say more Plum, but I have not had any apricots in a very long time. Also very sweet with a tad pepper from the Perique.

I don't think I would buy a new one though I would buy another 2007, LOL!

Skip

Yes, it is the age. In my experience, young Cairo is very different than aged. The color change is just as dramatic as the tin nose, and what it does in the bowl. I much prefer it younger.