Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshoowah

Reaction score
Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS

This was a nice find of mine not that long ago.

CaminettoRedBriar7.jpg
CaminettoRedBriar3.jpg
CaminettoRedBriar2.jpg

CaminettoRedBriar6.jpg
CaminettoRedBriar5.jpg
CaminettoRedBriar4.jpg

CaminettoRedBriar.jpg

Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160

I have had this for about a year now. It is one of the nicer BC's I have ever seen honestly. It has a nice band, beautiful rustication, and great shape.

ButzPipe6.jpg
ButzPipe5.jpg
ButzPipe4.jpg
ButzPipe3.jpg
ButzPipe2.jpg
ButzPipe1.jpg

I looked at a very nice Caminetto Rhodesian with a silver band today in PA, priced under $200. Is the mustache logo stem Caminetto from their older line?

How does yours smoke?

riff raff":rfqgwwec said:
I looked at a very nice Caminetto Rhodesian with a silver band today in PA, priced under $200. Is the mustache logo stem Caminetto from their older line?

How does yours smoke?
The mustache changed a couple of times during the tenure of Radice/Ascorti being apart of the brand. This particular one is of the "Prestige Series" probably from around mid-70s, which is why the mustache is thicker. Generally the thinner the mustache on the stem, the older it is. Though I have seen Prestige Series and Excellence series Caminetto's that all have thicker mustaches. It is the white, thick mustaches that are from 86 onward (under Peppino's son, Roberto). Also, I have yet to smoke this one. I've had a hard time determining if I should since I found it unsmoked after all these years. I have another Prestige series I'll post at a later date that is unsmoked too.

The Rhodesian you found, what did the mustache look like? Under $200 seems like a decent enough deal if it is older.

Tim_Haggerty":c1yfwubx said:
Great Bowls. That's an exceptional Butz, they generally don't catch my eye.
Nor mine. Butz's typically are just unfavorable to me, but when I saw this one I pounced like a lioness on her prey.

The logo was thick, but white, does that indicate anything? I don't recall the number.

riff raff":d3y2m2yk said:
The logo was thick, but white, does that indicate anything? I don't recall the number.
It is a new-era Caminetto (86 onward). Caminetto with Davoli, Ascorti, and Radice closed around 1980 after Radice and Ascorti jumped ship. It would be reopened under Peppino Ascorti's son, Robert, which is why there still are Caminetto's today. I've smoked both and owned both era's and can tell little difference. Some say there is a difference though. Still under $200 for a newer Caminetto is decent enough depending on the style (is it smooth or rusticated?).

Should make this a Caminetto photo thread. I like looking at all older makes of Caminetto. Still fun to see Businesses.

Cool red pipe. That unusual Caminetto stem profile is kind of starting to grow on me.

I ve never owned a Caminetto but I love their look and in time will have to get one. So I guess you could say I have Caminetto envy and the BC aint bad either. A couple of really nice pipes.

BuckeyeBoy34":tl299xk6 said:
I ve never owned a Caminetto but I love their look and in time will have to get one. So I guess you could say I have Caminetto envy and the BC aint bad either. A couple of really nice pipes.
The Red Briar is on sale right now.