Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LL

Reaction score
All the recent cold weather inside/outside talk made me curious.

The poll applies only to those who [/b]can't or don't[/b] smoke in their house.

Hey LL. You forgot one answer: Don't have a wife and can do whatever I damn well please!

Centurian 803":squp87zr said:
Hey LL. You forgot one answer: Don't have a wife and can do whatever I damn well please!
It's to determine why those who can't or don't smoke in their house are in that situation, not how many are in it.

To be honest.....the stuff I smoke I can easily put up with in the house. The stuff she smokes I don't even like outside!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FTRPLT

puros_bran":4ghigjc7 said:
And the other answer: It is my house, I'll do as I please.
Same thing I said to Centurian. If you do, the question doesn't apply.

We posted at the same time...

What strikes me as odd is all the machismo that floats around here, then "My wife doesn't let me smoke in the house." remarks start up.

puros_bran":hfr2p823 said:
What strikes me as odd is all the machismo that floats around here, then "My wife doesn't let me smoke in the house." remarks start up.
You noticed that too? :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

I don't see the category for "I have a mancave and restrict my smoking to it" :twisted:

My partner/fiancée/wife-to-be didn't mind TOO much my smoking... I could smoke in the car when she was there, and she would occasionally let me smoke in the house.... but now we have a new born, and our current digs are pretty small, so I smoke in the garage or outside as of now. But she is still supportive and knows I eventually want some sort of dedicated smoking area.

Okay, when you filter through all of that, what you end up with is this: She's the boss. There, I said it.

Here's one for ya, self imposed.

I can't because I feel guilty having the little kids breathing it. I choose to smoke and accept the modest amount of smoke I may actually inhale as it wafts about the house, but they cannot choose when I'm smoking in a place where they cannot get away from it. When the weather is nice I crack the sliding glass door and all is well, but when it's 30 and about to snow....

It's about to snow in frickin Sacramento!! :shock: That's not supposed to happen! :lol:

I mostly smoke in the basement. Weather permitting, we have a couple large porches. There is the unheated sheds if I am doing something.

I just prefer my home to have a neutral smell. I smoke pipes in the car, outside, etc. I also have a standalone workshop on my property that I'll use as a pipe den from time to time.

Niether of those. I will be having a kid soon and choose not to expose him to smoke.

I smoke at the front door with the screen open on the strom door.

I have done this since the house was new 11 years ago. Just to keep the

house "fresh" and for my kids when they were at home.

Something my Paw in law told me once about being the head of the house<

"the man is the head of the house, but the woman is the neck, and the neck turns

the head."

how true this is i have come to find out :lol!:

I restrict my smoking (pipes) in my mancave and cigars out on my deck at night in front of the chimnea with a couple of logs thrown in when it's a mere 40 degrees here in Arizona. The wife, she smokes cigarettes anywhere she damn well pleases in the house. :evil: Where's the justice.

We looked at a house that was owned by someone who smoked cigars...I smoke outside, even in winter, to preserve the value of our home ...and my marriage.
Bub

Puff Daddy":46ruoqyj said:
Here's one for ya, self imposed.
I like Puff Daddy's answer. Besides, I don't believe in rules! Respect is what it's about.

Well, I smoke where ever I want (when the wife is not lookin :rabbit: ) I actually prefer to smoke on the porch. It's my temporary man-cave. Helps keep the house from smelling like cheap cigarettes.
Since its getting cold, I just open the sliding glass door a bit when I smoke inside. :santa: