Can't Find the Article About the Science of Using Matches

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZeroContent

Reaction score
I remember reading an article on why you should use matches and the science behind it. I just can't seem to find that article. I thought it was Greg Pease who wrote it, but I can't seem to find it on his site. Anyone know where that is? Or any other article about the science of pipes.

Maybe there isn't so much science as art, to fire and smoking. I mean, yah, there are formulas that must apply, but the more I read the less I find about the facts.

I think it was called "The Thermodynamics of Pipe Smoking".
No time to Google it right now but I'll see if I can find it over the weekend.

George Kaplan":oiboeiy1 said:
I think it was called "The Thermodynamics of Pipe Smoking".
No time to Google it right now but I'll see if I can find it over the weekend.
That is a great piece but Neill Roan shut down Passion for Pipes a couple of weeks ago but I remember there was one years ago that dealt with temps of different types of matches and lighters. :shock:

I could be hallucinating, but I think that article first appeared, or at least appeared, in The Pipe Smoker's Ephemeris. In any event, the gist of it was that wooden matches burn cooler than butane, and it went into length about why that was better. Kind of moot with me, as I prefer wooden matches regardless.

I am a wooden match guy, through and through. It was a great article. Sadly Neill Roan pulled the plug on his site.

I have a copy of the article at home on my computer, and could share it if you like.

AdamCordray":84s3d4ox said:
Please PM me an email address and I will send it your way.
May I please, also, ask for a copy?

Yours,
--DAL