CAO to distribute FIVE Dunhill blends in SEPTEMBER Orlik

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gandalfpc

Reaction score
Latest update from PipesMagazine - 5 blends in September

Found this post on another board, looks like the real deal this time...

Forum post here

Hopefully at least some of the blends will be available in bulk soon as well.

Twelve? That's interesting. In Europe (well, not in my country, but at least in Germany) we have:

My Mixture 965 (two tin sizes, 50g/100g)
Standard Mixture (50g tin)
Standard Mixture Mellow (50g tin)
Early Morning Pipe (two tin sizes, 50g/100g)
Nightcap (50g tin)
Royal Yacht (50g tin)
De Luxe Navy Rolls (50g tin)

That makes a total of seven blends (or nine of you count the big tins as different products ). On the 4noggins.com discontinued blends list I've seen Elizabethan and London Mixture listed as Orlik production, but I can't get them from my German supplier. In fact, I've looked around and have never seen these tobaccos listed any websites other than in the discontinued blends section.

I have tried all these blends, apart from Standard Mixture Mellow because it doesn't really appeal to me and De Luxe Navy Rolls because my first tin of these just arrived this morning. While I haven't smoked the earlier versions, like the Murrays or original Dunhill production, these are currently my favorite smokes. I generally smoke MM 965, but have a few tins of the other blends at hand for when I get a craving. What I mean to say by this is that this tobacco is quite good, at least to someone that hasn't experienced the legends of yesteryear.

I hope this isn't an evil rumor and I'm quite curious what these unknown blends are going to be (hopefully they'll come to Europe too!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmgoldeagle

Deluxe Navy Rolls
The Royal Yacht
Standard Mixture
Early Morning Pipe
My Mixture 965
Nightcap
London Mixture
Standard Mixture Medium
Three Year Mature Virginia
Stardard Mixture Mild
Flake
Light Flake

Muddler":w08jzxsm said:
Hopefully at least some of the blends will be available in bulk soon as well.
Jip, lets hope so, anyway, thats good to know, Thanks!

Hurray for CAO. First, they bring back the old blends and now the Dunhils. Looking forward to try them all, as I never tasted the Orlik production.

I'm not going to believe it untill I see some kind of "official" press release or something to that effect.

If it does turn out to be true my son may have to settle for community college as I use his college fund to buy every tin of EMP I can get my grubby mitts on.

I bet it felt great spending $60 a tin off of E-Bay and now all the hoarders are ready to kill themselves! :roll:

Well, glad to hear it. I've read similar posts for a while now and gotten my hopes up every time. Ever since it went out of production people have said it's soon to be here again. I will believe it when I have a new production tin in my hands....

Being a Dunhill tobacco and pipe enthusiast for over 20 years I've always had a good supply of EMP and Nightcap around. It'd be great to have a new supply again... :bounce:

You found that one pretty fast Kap - I see they are still posting the last few tin pictures :)

gandalfpc":pxyixrzf said:
You found that one pretty fast Kap - I see they are still posting the last few tin pictures :)
Yeah, my assumption is that it will be the same old crappy labels which Orlik used after taking over from Murray's (but hopefully without the awful Euro warnings taking up the bottom half of the label!). Sure wish they would have kept those great painted tin lids used before 2005 or so - they looked great, and you could easily tell which stack of tins was which on the shelf because of the color and side labels. Hopefully when they arrive, Havana will take new photos of the new CAO distributed tins. I wonder if the Light Flake and Navy Rolls, however, will still come with the painted lids? Plus kind of cool to have the latter easily available in the US finally - although I still do much prefer Escudo!

How long do you think it will take people to start b*tching that the quality of the new production of them has gone to hell ?

:face:

I was wondering if Navy Rolls and Escudo were different - glad to hear that Escudo is still tops - have enough tins to buy as is :)

Figuring on some Royal Yacht, Nightcap, 965, perhaps some London, Light Flake and Three Year for good measure...

gandalfpc":2eddxeb0 said:
I was wondering if Navy Rolls and Escudo were different - glad to hear that Escudo is still tops - have enough tins to buy as is :)

Figuring on some Royal Yacht, Nightcap, 965, perhaps some London, Light Flake and Three Year for good measure...
The Navy Rolls are worth a try certainly; who knows you might like it. Been a while since I have had it (got from Europe), and I will certainly be ordering a tin or two when available just for kicks (and maybe to smoke some alongside some Escudo, which is apparently made in the same factory). Anyway, should be fun when they are all in stock. Never liked the Three Year Matured myself, but I am not a big fan of aromatics in any case.

Didn't realize the three year was an aromatic - doesn't interest me in that case - will have to try some Navy Rolls, so it all works out :)