CAO to distribute FIVE Dunhill blends in SEPTEMBER Orlik

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gandalfpc":c2d4nud6 said:
Official word just posted at PipesMagazine - Dunhill is on the way...

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-manufacturer-retailer-spotlight/dunhill-pipe-tobacco-returns-to-the-us/

Only lists these FIVE blends - and a date of Sept 2010

The Dunhill Tobaccos that are coming back are; Dunhill Early Morning Pipe, Dunhill My Mixture 965, Dunhill Night Cap, Dunhill Royal Yacht, and Dunhill Standard Mixture.
There seems to be some different reports regarding exactly which blends will be offered. I have the feeling that we will not know what exactly until all is said and done at the distributor level (i.e., what is actually on CAO's table at the IPCPR Show in New Orleans next month). I am sure a report of the final lineup will be forthcoming on SF in August. We will see.

Nice to know there is still chance for more, but at least most of my desires are covered in the big five :)

Wet Dottle":yl9fhzt4 said:
I'm hoping for Aperitif and Durbar...
Neither are currently produced for any market. It is my impression that BAT is not re-introducing any out-of-production blends, but rather simply once again re-distributing existing in-production blends to the US market now that a deal has been worked out with a new distributor (CAO). All the blends mentioned have never been out of production since Orlik took over blending from Murray's, they were just not distributed in the US.

But who knows, anything could happen. I would like to see Durbar and Aperitif as well.

PipesMagazine emailed me today with an update:

"The initial outlay on show in New Orleans will be five skus, as shown. After the show and based on demand, there are four more distinct skus to be added and that will be available, along with the 5lb bag of three. More specifically;

At the Show:

50g
Early Morning Pipe
Standard Mixture Medium
Nightcap
The Royal Yacht
My Mixture 965

Later on, we will add:

50g

Dunhill Flake
Dunhill London Mixture
Dunhill Standard Mixture Mellow
Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls

…and we will also have

5 lbs

Dunhill Early Morning Pipe
Dunhill My Mixture 965
Dunhill Nightcap

Also of note, the Dark Lord will be writing a column there :)

gandalfpc":l7ejvb9r said:
PipesMagazine emailed me today with an update ...
Great - many thanks for that! So basically everything which is currently being produced by Orlik under the marque for the various European and other markets.

Kind of cool though to have Nightcap, EMP and 965 available in bulk.

I don't regret my ebay purchase (yesterday). One tin of Murray's 965 for 23 bucks. It was worth it (without having it in hand yet of course...) :)

MisterE":xb5s171k said:
I am especially keen to try the Deluxe Navy Rolls. This one I missed the first time around....
You know... I'm not sure they have ever been sold in the U.S., and perhaps never in N. America. I've never seen them in stores and folks who've smoked a pipe for longer than I haven't seen them here either.

ShellBriar":u9ieolrm said:
MisterE":u9ieolrm said:
I am especially keen to try the Deluxe Navy Rolls. This one I missed the first time around....
You know... I'm not sure they have ever been sold in the U.S., and perhaps never in N. America. I've never seen them in stores and folks who've smoked a pipe for longer than I haven't seen them here either.
I can't remember ever having seen them on shelves in the US either, now that you mention it. I've been into VaPers this year so I took notice when they announced the comback...