Castello Sea Rock KKKK

• Thread starter Deleted member 4028
  • Start date
Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deleted member 4028

I received it today. I am not quite sure what to think of it yet as it's different than what I usually go for.
Of note, Castello's rustication is smashing!

Right on, nice looking pipe.

How’s The draw? Mine is wide open, it’s like it smokes itself almost.

I love rusticated finishes. Sea Rock's are incredible. IMHO the best rustication in the business.

Excellent score.

Thanks, gents!

Question for the Castello enthousiasts, regrading the stamping. Between the 'Sea Rock' and 'Made in Canto Italy'. I see 'US' (which tells me the pipe was made for the North American market) and 'Kino' or 'Kina', inside a horizontal elipse.
Does anyone know what it refers to? I know, tough question, and it's still early.

“Kino” was the son in law of Castello’s founder. Not sure what it denotes though.

SourMilk":mtvz3grh said:
“Kino” was the son in law of Castello’s founder. Not sure what it denotes though.
The Kino in the oval replaced the Carlo Scotti in the oval stamp in 2007 Castello's 60th anniversary. Nice looking pipe, it's sort of a version of the shape 65. IMO The best Sea Rock carvings come from the worst wood. The under carving is the key to a great SR finish. :shock:

daveinlax":t661ufwm said:
SourMilk":t661ufwm said:
The Kino in the oval replaced the Carlo Scotti in the oval stamp in 2007 Castello's 60th anniversary. Nice looking pipe, it's sort of a version of the shape 65. IMO The best Sea Rock carvings come from the worst wood. The under carving is the key to a great SR finish. :shock:  
Thanks for the info, Dave. After doing some research, I think he puts his nickname there because he's the one who designates the grades of all the pipes being made in the factory. So I guess it's kind of his seal of approval.
And it is a shape 65, with a # 293 end of shank, I was told.