Castello

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is one gorgeous pipe, John. (Nice photo composition, too.)

A beautiful pipe in (to my eyes) a very Italian shape!

(The first vowel in 'Castello' would be rhyme with "bah," like Scrooge or a sheep says.)

I really like the #55 shape. Take breaking it in very slowly, particularly the bottom of the bowl. I've seen several Castellos with very bottom of the bowl burnout (always the straight shape #s). I suspect they carve thinner bottoms than many. Just a hunch. Too many for it to always be the fault of the smokers.

and a good read, including eye candy:
http://glpease.com/Pipes/Collection/castello.html

Unique shape nice grain, I would think like most large pipe makers Sardinian and Corsican briar.

Buckshot":f4m8k5g0 said:
That is one gorgeous pipe, John. (Nice photo composition, too.)
Thanks, David. Appreciate the comment.

Have a great weekend.

Doc Manhattan":aeruom8l said:
A beautiful pipe in (to my eyes) a very Italian shape!

(The first vowel in 'Castello' would be rhyme with "bah," like Scrooge or a sheep says.)
Thanks much. Yes, I thought that was the correct pronunciation, but I thought I read somewhere that it was pronounced in a not too obvious way. My mistake.

Zeno Marx":5r5zv5zx said:
I really like the #55 shape. Take breaking it in very slowly, particularly the bottom of the bowl. I've seen several Castellos with very bottom of the bowl burnout (always the straight shape #s). I suspect they carve thinner bottoms than many. Just a hunch. Too many for it to always be the fault of the smokers.

and a good read, including eye candy:
http://glpease.com/Pipes/Collection/castello.html
Thanks for the advice, Zeno and for the link. It was very interesting reading. Have a great weekend.

Guy":aj4biiqy said:
Unique shape nice grain, I would think like most large pipe makers Sardinian and Corsican briar.
Yes, that's what I thought too about the briar. But this is the hardest pipe I've ever had! Smoking great though.

LOVE Castello's! Wish I had more money for more :) All 3 of mine are great smokers indeed... must be the air in Cantu!

Wonderful shape and pipe John!