CATS!!!!!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfredo_buscatti

Reaction score
You know how cats can unerringly jump, not being able to see the surface that they're going to land on, and land without incident? Well, I'm fostering a rather large male (a fantastic cat both in looks and personality, just hate to see him go, but he's going to a good, permanent home) who jumped up on top of my computer table, and in so doing knocked over half cup of coffee all over my keyboard.

Keyboard might be damaged. I have an IMac with a cordless keyboard. Could be pricey.

Thought someone should know.

Darn cats. I use a MacBook laptop and it is a feline magnet, combining two of their favorite things: warmth and getting in my way.

(If you can stand to replace it with the wired model, the current Apple line isn't *too* bad a price... below that, any cheap USB kb can be jury-rigged to work in a pinch.)

AB, if you pulled the batteries out of the keyboard ASAP then you might be lucky. I did the same (sans cat) to my Mac keyboard a couple of months ago. Whole sections of the keyboard went dead. I vacuumed most of the coffee out but still didn't work. Finally found a website that described how to pop the keycaps off without breaking the little hinge pins. I pulled off a bunch of keys in the affected area and used the vacuum again and got the keyboard back to good as new.

If it has been a while and dried, you can actually wash electronics but obviously much more complicated procedure. Use distilled water. For a keyboard is likely marginal time vs $$, unless you are me and don't care about the time, just refuse to pay good money that could be used for more pipes and tobacco.

my cat pissed in my shoe. in my shoe! that's a fine way to start the day. (did i mention, in my shoe! who pisses in a shoe? a cat, that's who!)

bruins":vg7rqnjr said:
my cat pissed in my shoe. in my shoe! that's a fine way to start the day. (did i mention, in my shoe! who pisses in a shoe? a cat, that's who!)
Dern...that's tough luck right there Bruins. I had a cat piss in my banjo case before. I was playing on the porch and came back in and smelled something funny, sure enough.

RB-5":0g9plg8s said:
Dern...that's tough luck right there Bruins. I had a cat piss in my banjo case before. I was playing on the porch and came back in and smelled something funny, sure enough.
i've tried about every product that claims to get out that smell. only one works. fire!

bruins":dwg631j0 said:
RB-5":dwg631j0 said:
i've tried about every product that claims to get out that smell. only one works. fire!

If it happens to anything cloth, you can wash it like 4 or 5 times with Dreft (it's a baby detergent, meant for baby clothes and such). Only thing I've ever found that works.

fire, irene! i say a big blazing fire! you can also toss the cat in.

Sorry to hear AB,!
Good luck with that new family member, does this mean that he has finally come out from behind the cooler?

Bruins, I have a cat next door that cant wait to piss on watercolor paper when it has just been stretched. He only pisses on a spicific handmade French paper tho' weird!!! :scratch: :scratch:

Piet Binsbergen":kz5udw5v said:
Bruins, I have a cat next door that cant wait to piss on watercolor paper when it has just been stretched. He only pisses on a spicific handmade French paper tho' weird!!! :scratch: :scratch:
you know, a talented artist could do something with that...

bruins":wftvdw1s said:
Piet Binsbergen":wftvdw1s said:
you know, a talented artist could do something with that...
You are right bro, but have you smelt dried cat piss, or is that part of the artwork as well??

bruins":oe3dlr56 said:

Retaliation is in order,,,,piss on the cat,,,,

mark":ydfsjewt said:
bruins":ydfsjewt said:

Retaliation is in order,,,,piss on the cat,,,,
Brilliant! :lol!:

I appreciate your wit and humor.

Keys that worked right after the accident went dead a couple of hours later. I ended up winging down to the local Apple store and getting a replacement; but wait! someone posted a link to a video above, and I'm going to watch it; not too late to return the new keyboard!

Thanks again.

BTW, I've never had an incident of cat piss in the wrong place in 22 years of enjoying feline company. I always think that if they take it to that level, they're either very pissed off or enough right of center to make the huge impact of the act defensible.

bruins":mfy4t6dg said:
He was punishing you.
You must have deserved it. :lol!:

Mike, being a cultural humanist and politically numb at the moment, my solution is Korean cat chowder. Hot, tasty, and solves all cat jumping problems :lol!:

Natch

Shoes are dandy places to hide little kitty toys.

And bites of cat food.

They make great pillows, too !

If you're a cat.

:face:

"Skiet 'n Kat" Afrikaans.......... "shoot a cat"
Afrikaans street slang for Puking!!!!!!! :!: :!:

Dogs have owners, cats have servants.

You people who have had trouble with your cat obviously don't know your place. Perhaps you have tried to rise above your station in some way? Such impertinence is not tolerated, and will result in a message being sent.