Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PeterD":0j2us7xc said:
ftrplt":0j2us7xc said:
PeterD":0j2us7xc said:
ftrplt":0j2us7xc said:
Wow!! 55 years, good for you!! I'm at 52 this September; didn't start 'til I was 18. Just curious...Do you remember your first pipe and tobacco? :cheers: FTRPLT
...my first pipe was a DR. Graybow rustic billiard shape...with a tin of PA...total cost was $1.10...
Mine was a Dr. Graybow and Half & Half!!!! Wow, a $1.10!!! Big purchase for a nine year old!!! Good for you :cheers: FTRPLT
...back then there were no laws regarding tobacco...in fact, the old Dr. who ran the drug store was a neighbor and I kept his grass cut...on a number of occasions he would let me pick out a new pipe and two tins of tobacco as payment...so I was fortunate.

In fact, he was my first "teacher of the pipe" and I would watch and listen as he showed me all his various ways to clean, smoke, tamp, and load the bowl...
Ahhh...Back in the good ol' days :D Great memories!! :cheers: FTRPLT

PeterD":1oz87syc said:
...today marks my 55th year of pipe smoking...I have never regretted that decision and I am as passionate today...well, perhaps even more so, than at any other time...

...It is not a habit...but a way of Life...  
Congrats. Lucky Lucky man and I'm glad for you.

Due to heart surgery, I had to give it up after only a couple of years.

Although I am sitting here with a pipe in my mouth although not packed or lit, I can still smell the bowl.

i am sure a bowl here and there would not hurt - yes? no? but not trying to play devil's advocate in the least. Just so much bad info out there as to what is good and what is not good. as pirsig says. 'need we ask anyone to tell us these things'...

hope you get better soon.

Congrats, and here's to many more bowls to come.

I'm hot on your heels, though...I'll be celebrating my 55th in just 42 short years!