Check out these new pipes!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxfire

Reaction score
Mardi Gras is in full swing, so as a member of a Mardi Gras krewe I am required to purchase "throws" to shower the crowds with during Mardi Gras. I spotted sacks full of these at my local warehouse, so I felt obliged, as a pipe smoker, to buy tons of them and throw them during our parade. They are, obviously, not meant for smoking. They are, in fact, whistles.

I just thought they were a cool throw, and felt like the Brothers would agree, so I thought I'd share.

p2201310.jpg

As cool as they are (and I agree, they are pretty neat-o), I have to say that I have a strict policy of not giving out anything that is capable of making loud annoying noises to the people in my immediate vicinity. I'm afraid you may come to regret your choice of throws.

Sort of like how a baby rattle/noisemaker is really only a good baby gift for a couple that you don't like all that much. :lol:

Frost":zc6g8md6 said:
As cool as they are (and I agree, they are pretty neat-o), I have to say that I have a strict policy of not giving out anything that is capable of making loud annoying noises to the people in my immediate vicinity. I'm afraid you may come to regret your choice of throws.

Sort of like how a baby rattle/noisemaker is really only a good baby gift for a couple that you don't like all that much. :lol:
Ah, but that is the beauty! I throw them to people and immediately am gone (riding away on a float). Then whomever they are with gets to listen to them for the rest of the night! It is truly diabolical.

My parents made the mistake of buying me a souvenir toy drum on vacation once. Needless to say, they regretted it about halfway through the 9 hour ride home.

*Oh, and I apologize for the deceptive title of this thread. However, I found it humorous at the time, and still do. :lol:

Cool post.

I don't believe I've seen that ribbed pattern on an actual briar horn. Might look kind of nice.

steve

sstodvictory":939x1c29 said:
Cool post.

I don't believe I've seen that ribbed pattern on an actual briar horn. Might look kind of nice.

steve
I'd bet Ardor has tried it. They seem to try anything!

Frost":60pcm9fr said:
Yeah, I've seen that one. That guy's had some cool stuff for sale, but his opening bids pretty much leave me out of the chase.

Frost":4jhkk7o7 said:

You're probably too young to remember but in the early 1960s, Firestone (or was it Texaco? I don't remember) would produce gifts for children around Christmas time. You had to buy them, but they were heavily advertised on TV so the kids were told they wanted them. They produced a bright read, hard plastic fire helmet with a battery powered large flashing red light on top and a loud, annoying siren sounding like an emergency vehicle. Yea, I want my 4 year old kid following me around the house with that thing blaring for several hours!!! :no:

Natch

^^^

Haha...in my opinion an idea that bad would almost be deserving of a boycott :lol:

Harlock999":nk0nnp09 said:
sstodvictory":nk0nnp09 said:
Cool post.

steve
I'd bet Ardor has tried it. They seem to try anything!
My thoughts. It would be a Urano Spiral Horn, if someone has the urge to Google.

Buddy