Chicagoland International Pipe & Tobacciana Show 2009

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Here is the official link to the flyer.

http://www.chicagopipeshow.com/show_information/flyers.php

It starts with the pipe making seminars a week from today. Other pre-show activities start mid or late week next week.

I am debating going. I might try to find a room. The one day trip tends to be very wearing on me. I really hate the traffic up there. So I may investigate a different route.

Anyone else going to be there?

If I go, I will have the iPhone and Internet capability. Maybe some of us can hook up and share a bowl. If I don't make it, maybe some of you folks can hook up. This thread can give us a central place to post. Maybe some news, pics if we have the opportunity.

I'll Sticky this post at the top for the next couple weeks, so it's easy to find.

8)

Ok. Cathy is busy that weekend with her Paramedic classes. I will be there Friday and Saturday. Look for a fat guy. Scruffy beard.

Wait!! That description fits many of us!! I may have a hat on. Try to have a name tag. I will probably spend plenty of time in and around the tent.

I'll be in tee shirts and shorts. Weather permitting. I don't do formal! :D I'll be easy to find.

I'll be there all weekend. Look for the tall fat guy with a scruffy beard. :shock:

I will be there Sat. and Sunday,maybe Friday evening.I will be wearing my
postal service cap and shirt,blue suspenders and a jock strap.My cell phone#
is 708-369-4919. :bounce:

Winslow :sunny:

There's a pretty good chance I will be there since it's only 2 hours away. I will just have to control my PAD if I do go!

If I read correct you "join" the club at the door and not in advance, does that sound right?

:pipe:

I REALLY wish I could go too! Alas... Someday, I shall have to go. It's on the List of Way Cool Stuff To Do Before I Die list, to be certain. Shoot, I've never even been east of Colorado, let alone to the great city of Chi Town. Yes, one day, you shall see me there!

I'll be heading down tomorrow morning. I'd like to be in by 9:30 or so. Hope to see some of you there!

i'll be there saturday morning, black hair, black goatee smoking an Eltang!

I will be there sometime in the afternoon, blue shirt, ugly brown Route 66 hat, glasses, younger guy.

:pipe:

Met Carlos and B.S.'d a while,due to the buffet most of the rooms won't be open til
9PM so I split,only 30 minute drive home.I saw some of Neatpipes stock,lots of Radice and Becker pipes,some monstrous Mortas that must run $500+.I'll be back
tommorrow AM. Carlos told me he got a Samuel Gawith baseball hat from the rep.,I
will get a few of those before they disappear. 8)

Getting ready to go to the show,feeling like a kid going to Disneyland! :lol:
Will be wearing my Postal Service work clothes,have to go to work about 4PM
for awhile.Say hello! :sunny: Beautiful Spring day 65F and sunny.

I'm actually somewhat depressed that I'm not there. It really hit me Thursday, night, which is normally when I'd have arrived at the show, gotten checked in, had found some friends, and would be enjoying a cocktail and the beginnings of four days of non-stop fun.

To all who are there, and keeping up here, please, do me a small favour, and have just a little extra fun for me. I wish I could be there.

-glp