Christmas Cheer arrival in September

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
goas all the previously mentioned Va's that McC produces, andI smokeALL of them, the BES they have now offered is their newest, Red Black which IMHO is the FINEST ALL ginny weed blend/mixture done by ANYONE these days !! :cheers: :cheers:

DrumsAndBeer":85138cxz said:
http://www.dawnmist.org/pipesale.htm

She makes some fine tavern pipes.. Small bowls but they're perfect for strong dark flakes or high-quality VA's...

Look for a model with a glazed mouthpiece, otherwise you'll be needing some Chapstick.
Took a break from reading the legal page regarding 'Terms and Conditions'...

(whew)

They sound like me........................

DrumsAndBeer":wbvar2wp said:
http://www.dawnmist.org/pipesale.htm

She makes some fine tavern pipes.. Small bowls but they're perfect for strong dark flakes or high-quality VA's...

Look for a model with a glazed mouthpiece, otherwise you'll be needing some Chapstick.
I have two churchwardens, and they are very well finished.

Ozark Wizard":zo9wbhbp said:
Maybe I should get a clay pipe. Don't have one of those, what would you recommend? Like a tavern pipe?
Ozark, this little Caribbean Pirate Pipe that Dr. T sent me is perfect for flakes. I am planning on getting a slightly larger bowled clay for Lat and ribbon cut blends. http://shop.pipeshoppe.com/product/caribbean-pirate-pipe/

I agree with Chris concerning chapped lips, but I have been having good results putting the pipe in the corner of my mouth instead of directly in the center. Seems the center is easier to chap for some reason.

The 7 inch length is adequate length to give you enough stem to hold on to, without feeling any heat transfer off the bowl.

It is a really neat smoking experience, and a step back in time. Very similar to a cob in a lot of aspects. I can see myself sampling new blends in a clay, similar to the way we do cobs.

I have been using short bowled 'seconds' I make (and am too embarrassed to market) for sampling purposes. My Better Half's eyebrow tends to crawl up into her hairline when I buy pipes...... (And I just grabbed Blackhorse's Falcons for my Christmas present). So, I will wait for the clay..

There's a sale on a pair of these. Pretty cool/funky...

http://shop.pipeshoppe.com/product/marbled-clay-combo/

When I sell a peace pipe I'm working on for an officer in LRAFB I'll have the funds to warrant those clays. No glaze on the mouthpieces, but I could throw a clear glaze there and quick fire it in.....

ANYWAY, I'm off to smoke some Christmas Cheer. Had to go to Springfield (big city) for my monthly provisions, and holiday drivers are out in force. Time to pry the pug off my chest and go outside for a quiet evening puff...

Stumbled into my local B&M today and found a tin of 2013 Christmas Cheer. Lucky me. I now have at least one tin from 2010 on. I will be opening the 2010 either this weekend or sometime next week.. 8)

DrumsAndBeer":t9icz6x2 said:
Stumbled into my local B&M today and found a tin of 2013 Christmas Cheer. Lucky me. I now have at least one tin from 2010 on. I will be opening the 2010 either this weekend or sometime next week.. 8)

Sweet! Nice score!

DrumsAndBeer":w70g23v8 said:
Chris, I was up in Chicagoland in the spring of 2014, and had a breakdown with some time to kill. I found a Greek restaurant in a strip center within walking distance, and decided to walk down the street and have lunch. As I am approaching the strip center, I can see that there is also a smoke shop a few doors down from the restaurant.

As you can imagine, my eyebrows hit the area that used to be my hairline.

So I go inside, and this place does have a walk in humidor, but they have a bunch of pot pipes and hookahs as well. I did see a nice selection of meerschaum pipes in the glass case, so I inquired about tin tobacco. The guy had 3 tins, one Margate, and two 100 gram tins of Golden Sliced. Both had more dust on them than a casket in a Dracula movie. They were marked at a very fair price from years past, and the shopkeeper looked relieved to be rid of them.

Nowdays, I never avoid headshops. If it says smoke shop, I'm going in, hoping I can find a gem or three.

Sounds like a right place at the right time situation. The only pipe tobacco I have ever come across in a "smoke shop" is Captain Black or Borkum Riff. That's a terrific score though, especially the aged tin of Margate.

DrumsAndBeer":pd69egzu said:
tgilt gifted me a tin from 2011 a few years ago, next year I plan on giving CC my first try. At the time it seemed like it would take forever
to get 2016. I have picked up a tin every year since, I'll open a tin every year after that, and if I don't like it, well, gifts!

got some Samuel gawith christmas mixture, never tried Christmas cheer.

we have several B+M opened here, but none of them sell tobacco or anything to do with them, so jealous about the variety you get to choose from that's not heard of here. you could open an American import business here in the UK and make a killing lol...