Close call indeed (The sky is falling)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this subject/post is old but I found it during a google search about a concern I had with some tins of Sutliff. I have several cans I picked up at the show in April which had tobacco stuck rusted to the bottom of the tin, The tins have no date as I can see,, I haven't had them that long, my tobacco collection is relatively small and in the beggining stages.

Now they could have been older when I got them, Reguardless it was concerning, So every Sutliff tin I transfered to a glass jar. The aluminum tins I am not concerned about. But any brand with a non lined metal bottom I will transfere to glass.

Once bitten twice shy. :pale:

I've been a little concerned about this myself lately. Mostly about my Samuel Gawith tins... I've opened SG tins in the past and found the inside covered in rust. At least the tobacco was not affected since it is separated by the wax paper. I'm back and forth about whether or not I should open my remaining tins and jar them or just let them be...