Cob mods and the new Bully

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
I did a few mods lately, and here's a picture next to Missouri Meerschaum's new Bulldog.

Second from the top was a straight diplomat I round tapered the bottom to make it egg shaped, then pitched the stummel to make it bent. Third down was a straight CG I ground down to a pot, restained and added a P-lip. I still need to polish it. Fourth one I just made an Osage Orange stem. Bottom was a straight Great Dane that I pitched up to make it bent, added a new bit.

Either heat them up to get the glue to melt, or just cut them off and when done redrilling the angle reinstall the shortened stummel. You'll notice the bottom pipe is shorter. It's also maple. I just made it to replace the original one.

You can also stain them, as mentioned before...then you can either glaze them or not...doesn't seem to alter the smoke-ability of the pipe.
79u3YFKl.jpg

IlMkzivl.jpg

arkansaspiper":gaosa214 said:
I really like that pipe stand that that cob is sitting on
I believe that is an old Decatur stand.

Decided to stain my new "bully"...used Fiebings black on the top and saddle tan on the bottom and shank.  I find that since rim char occurs in most of my cobs that a black rim would not only enhance the appearance but also hide the rim char a little better.
Made a few new tampers also...stuff from my property that I find on the ground and strip the bark off, do a little sanding to make them smooth, glaze them, but still leave the impression that they are still au natural drill the ends.  Cut a pipe nail in half and glue them in with super glue.
KIFhxw2l.jpg

g4nld4Ql.jpg

stBEOVkl.jpg

pepesdad1":k4qvhbc0 said:
Decided to stain my new "bully"...used Fiebings black on the top and saddle tan on the bottom and shank.  I find that since rim char occurs in most of my cobs that a black rim would not only enhance the appearance but also hide the rim char a little better.
Made a few new tampers also...stuff from my property that I find on the ground and strip the bark off, do a little sanding to make them smooth, glaze them, but still leave the impression that they are still au natural drill the ends.  Cut a pipe nail in half and glue them in with super glue.
KIFhxw2l.jpg

g4nld4Ql.jpg

stBEOVkl.jpg
Nicely done sir! Great stuff!

peanubutter":gcl65tho said:
Nice job on the cobs. The green is real standout.
I used to have my thoughts about cobs but this post really made me to rethink about them.
Excelent works guys and very inspirational too.