Coming to America - need help

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I was going to Florida and was sticking to American blenders I'd be sure to smoke some of GL Pease's Key Largo. A nice medium virginia oriental latakia blend that's great in warm weather with some cigar leaf. It's namesake even has Florida connection. But if I was recommending a single American blend, setting aside, I'd say Haddo's Delight is my favorite. A Virginia perique with some white burley and a touch of some Cavendish topped with a liquor (rum?). Ages amazingly well. I like to let newer stuff breathe a bit before lighting. Good luck.

I will second what others have said. McClelland is awesome, anything from the Craftsbury line (Frog Morton, Deep Hollow, Virginia woods, etc.), also their Christmas Cheer or Holiday Spirit.

GL Pease would be another. Navigator (a Navy Flake type of tobacco) is a nice one.

+1 for 4 Noggins. Quick, reliable shipping, 10% discount (use the code "BOB" at checkout), and free U.S. Priority Mail shipping (with package tracking) on orders of $99+.

Rich at 4 Noggins has some great bulk blends, many mentioned in this thread. A couple of my hand blended 4 Noggins proprietary favorites: Weybridge and El Rincon de la Pipa No. 1.

4 Noggins also carries a large selection of quality tinned blends. If you're into the famous plugs sold in Britain (almost none of which are available in the U.S.), I'd recommend Cornell & Diehl Working Man Series: 5 O'Clock Shadow and G.L. Pease Jack Knife Plug.

I'd suggest you avoid buying pipe tobacco in Florida. The state taxes on pipe tobacco are onerous -- one of the highest in the nation.

Enjoy your vacation in Orlando  ;)