Corn cobs

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red kilt

Reaction score
I know this is the Brothers of Briar but i am a country boy so i just had to ask about corn cob pipes. I am interested in them and just wanted to know if anyone else here has one or has experience with them. Thanks for the info everyone.

Ah okay. I will see what i can find out there then. Thank you.

Welcome

I keep a couple around all the time. Mostly I smoke them when doing outdoor chores or when I am golfing or fishing. I have lost or dropped too may briars when out and active like that. Mostly those are times when I smoke Prince Albert and thoroughly them. I have found that the basic Missouri Meer that is straight is what I prefer. It seems that when they bend the stems on cobs they are often crimped so that it is difficult to get a cleaner through them. I will also sometimes go to a fresh cob when I want to sample a new baccy. That way I get a clean sampling.

The Board may be briar named but you will find the brothers open to all manner of enjoying the smoke. I have learned about Meers, cobs, mortas, and others here

Go for it. Ordering from Missouri Meerschaum is the simplest online shopping I've ever done. My pipes arrive after just two or three business days, standard shipping. My favorite was the Gentleman, now it's the General. I'll be trying the Diplomat soon, as it has a hardwood bottom and will fit inside my pouch. I advise buying several replacement stems, they are only 25 cents so who cares. Indeed, the stems are plastic, but a somewhat soft plastic that is comfortable to clamp.

Also, I've read that there will be price increases effective Jan. 1 (New Years is never something to celebrate), so better to buy them sooner.

Time for me to load a tall one, happy smoking.

Greenleaf":f9ypi5f6 said:

Also, I've read that there will be price increases effective Jan. 1 (New Years is never something to celebrate), so better to buy them sooner.

Thank you for the information. I believe i will be ordering a couple next week.

Do a bit of shopping before you pull the trigger red kilt.

These 2 vendors are generally significantly less then buying direct from Missouri Meershaum

Mars

Byron Oost

Direct from MM you have the full on selection of course, but just thought you might like to be aware of less expensive options.

I personally favor dealing with Mike Rutt from Mars, the Diplomat is my cob of choice, Byron from the Liquor Store is comparable in price and equally service oriented.

Enjoy!

red kilt":kvbgh0yw said:
I know this is the Brothers of Briar but i am a country boy so i just had to ask about corn cob pipes. I am interested in them and just wanted to know if anyone else here has one or has experience with them. Thanks for the info everyone.
I have 5 or 6 that I rarely if ever smoke. I don't like the cheap stems and find that the tobacco chamber on cobs are a bit small for my liking.