covid and losing taste and smell long term

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeno Marx

Reaction score
I'm struggling with this a bit (I never got it fully back after my first C-19, and now recovering from a third time), along with worsening allergies, and while this is out of my means, I thought this was worth sharing in case there's someone here who no longer can taste or smell because of covid.

Regret your struggle with this situation. The wife and I had Covid about 15 months ago. My/our smell & taste senses never left us!! Our son-in-law came down with Covid about the same time...His first symptom was loss of taste, followed by loss of smell! Strange damn disease!! Hope your recovery goes by quickly!! FTRPLT

Had the Covid twice early on sense of smell still not quite back right. Sometimes gone, sometimes wrong, sometimes ok. Gotta say i prefer gone to wrong. but its getting better.

Had the Covid twice early on sense of smell still not quite back right. Sometimes gone, sometimes wrong, sometimes ok. Gotta say i prefer gone to wrong. but its getting better.
Gone is definitely better than wrong. at least you can eat and fuel up without dread if it is just blah.