Crazy Crow pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

friar_jay

Reaction score
Anyone ever purchase any of the Native/Colonial style of pipes from Crazy Crow? Just wondering since they carry a totally different look and style than the "traditional" pipe.

Crazy Crow Trading Post

Jason, I've had a pipe-stone pipe I picked up near the mine in Minnesota a long time ago. I smoke it occasionally with my reenactment friends or when visiting them at a rendezvous. Rather fun to smoke in a group, but not great to smoke with "real" tobacco (as opposed to Kinnikinnick), a bit awkward to hold (mine has a 19" stem and with bowl, it's well over 2 feet) and the stone gets hotter 'n hell if you puff too fast.

But they are quite cool to bring out from time to time, and I do celebrate certain ceremonies with them.

Natch

I've never bought one. I've made more than I can count or remember. I still have several pieces of pipestone in the garage that I need to do something with. I used to make charms and effigies out of it and gift them to family and friends, as well as the pipes. Those larger pipes that they show are what would be considered as ceremonial pipes and not just something you'd sit around and puff on like you do the briar. Although, some people do and that's their business. I think about 10-12 years ago that crazy crow took some heat for selling what a good portion of the traditionalists considered as ceremonial/sacred items. I don't see them as selling the ceremonies to use the pipe but the pipe itself. To each their own in my opinion.