CRAZY Price Increase on Mac Baren Tobaccos!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't heard anything back from SP as to my inquiry on this subject. My thoughts are if it was a tax issue, would it not be across the board on all pipe 'baccy? I did receive a nice order from SP about two weeks ago containing 8 oz. bulk Golden Extra. That may the last of MacB's for me!! Glad I have several Capstan tins sitting on the shelf!!!! Better enjoy them, won't be replacing at these prices :evil: :cheers: FTRPLT

Here in the UK most tobaccos are between £12 to £14 a pouch, so that equates to $20 to $22 as a normal price from any shop or high street supermarket for a 40g pouch.
anything half decent is on the upward trend from that

welcome to the guild :(

I considered ordering some ODF from Mars, but with their other bulk tobaccos being slightly more expensive, I decided to take the hit and order from Sykes. Same price on total order... :|

what's the relationship between mac b and gawith hoggarth? they list the macbaren blends on their website

I was mortified when I saw that a tin of MacB Navy or Mixture flake is now over $20USD. Ouch! Good thing I stocked-up on both. Looks like I'll be shifting over to Stokkebye flake blends for the bulk of my daily smoking. Too bad. I like MacB blends, but not enough to justify spending $20USD a tin. I suspect this is the beginning of an industry-wide price increase. Glad I built a cellar, but I think I need to start stocking up on some of my more inexpensive favorites before the prices go up on those as well.

Mixture flake being mention is awesome. My first flake. Not strong but a solid mild flake. Good stuff.