Crossroads in a Peterson half bent

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awoodby

Reaction score
I got a big bag of this stuff in my bombing, so of course I had to try it first. Could definitely use a good bulk easy smoking blend.

It was a little drier than my preference, but that's easily curable. The cut is coarse, which works well to keep lit. It lights well and stays there. The flavor is, well, light but good. Nice and smooth, great for a daily smoker. This one is what I should be smoking regularly rather than all of the strong english's only when I'm in the mood for strong.

Nice pick, thanks to whomever!

--Alex

I love Crossroads myself. As you say it's a nice light easy going blend.

Frankly I prefer it just as it comes, a bit on the dry side. Pretty much all John Patton blends are like this.

Cheers,

RR

I ordered a good amount of Crossroads. I'm not usually a fan of cigar leaf in blends, but this blend is delicious. I'm set for sometime.

As for it being dry, you get far more tobacco this way. It took more jars for this blend than for any other.

Good point! I'm all for not paying for water. I have my own!

Has cigar leaf in it? I still haven't had a chance to look it up, I'll have to do that!

I prefer to hydrate before I smoke if the tobacco is dry, but like some of you, I like the idea of not paying for water. Crossroads is a darn good smoke! And if you like cigar leaf in your tobacco, try Hearth and Homes' Virginia Spice. it's very flavorful and the cigar leaf is maduro. Also, Storm Front from Patton, which I'm smoking right now and is very tasty.

Escudo in a little GBD straight apple. This may be a perfect match.

JimInks":wt9d6jhi said:
I prefer to hydrate before I smoke if the tobacco is dry, but like some of you, I like the idea of not paying for water. Crossroads is a darn good smoke! And if you like cigar leaf in your tobacco, try Hearth and Homes' Virginia Spice. it's very flavorful and the cigar leaf is maduro. Also, Storm Front from Patton, which I'm smoking right now and is very tasty.
Yes, love this one as well. As well as Dark Horse. Plus a few others from tiltjp.

Cheers,

RR

gravel":9x4bou7h said:
I ordered a good amount of Crossroads. I'm not usually a fan of cigar leaf in blends, but this blend is delicious. I'm set for sometime.

As for it being dry, you get far more tobacco this way. It took more jars for this blend than for any other.
The cigar leaf in Crossroads is merely for an accent/ I don't blend drier to give you more tobacco for your money, but because I believe drier tobacco smoked slowly provides much more flavor. The extra tobacco is a nice bonus though.

from tobaccoreviews.com
"Brand: John Patton
Tin Description: An 80% mix of 3 distinctive Virginias, Turkish Izmir in a minor role, and just enough Cigar Leaf for accent, gives this medium strength blend loads of unique flavor, and a taste that you won't find boring."

re: blending drier for more taste
I don't experience any Problems per se of it being drier, it's certainly not cracker-dry or dusty, and burns well. Maybe I'm just used to over-wet tobacco, I'll hydrate a little bit of it a little bit more and compare. I just don't want a hot, dry smoke, but I'm still learning for sure. Thanks for the input.

Brewdude":s74ny3yq said:
JimInks":s74ny3yq said:
Yes, love this one as well. As well as Dark Horse. Plus a few others from tiltjp.

Cheers,

RR
Can't believe I forgot to mention Dark Horse! And yes, there are other Patton blends worth spending money on, too! A smart blender, that fellow is!

awoodby":4bplq7de said:
from tobaccoreviews.com
"Brand: John Patton
Tin Description: An 80% mix of 3 distinctive Virginias, Turkish Izmir in a minor role, and just enough Cigar Leaf for accent, gives this medium strength blend loads of unique flavor, and a taste that you won't find boring."

re: blending drier for more taste
I don't experience any Problems per se of it being drier, it's certainly not cracker-dry or dusty, and burns well. Maybe I'm just used to over-wet tobacco, I'll hydrate a little bit of it a little bit more and compare. I just don't want a hot, dry smoke, but I'm still learning for sure. Thanks for the input.
As long as you pack looser and smoke slow, all you should get is flavor. And actually, what you should hope for from any tobacco is a Cool, Dry smoke.