Crumble Cakes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnrust

Reaction score
Hi All,
Are there any crumble cakes out there that have as similar tin presentation to Penzance & Kingfisher. These two cakes are remarkably similar in style(not in taste, obviously), and I love them both. They are both made in the British Isles, possibly at the same factory. Any other crumble cakes coming out of there?

Thanks,
RD

Well, seeing as how those two mentioned are different. Krumble Kake from Smokers Haven is close to Penzance and in the same style of tin. Those that are crumble cakes but not sliced and not in the flat tins, but similar, might include Pirate Kake and Bow-Legged Bear from C&D.

Sorry, but it's not clear to me what you're asking by crumble cakes with presentation similar to two very different tobacco blends. (Add to this the fact that I've not tried either). Just crumble cakes in general? If so, try Black Frigate, Blockade Runner, Kajun Kake, all from C&D. The first two are very similar, seeming to me like a variation of each other, both being rum-based.

KevinP":8fhtw1ow said:
Sorry, but it's not clear to me what you're asking by crumble cakes with presentation similar to two very different tobacco blends. (Add to this the fact that I've not tried either). Just crumble cakes in general? If so, try Black Frigate, Blockade Runner, Kajun Kake, all from C&D. The first two are very similar, seeming to me like a variation of each other, both being rum-based.
Thanks all for the replies. Yep, C&D makes some tasty crumble cakes, Kajun Kake being well stocked in my cellar. But to clarify, are there any other crumbles cakes coming out of Jersey, British Isles?

I just snagged ten tins of Germain Special Latakia Flake. Some think it's the same thing as Penzance made for a different brand.

Jimbo":bxwpmxhi said:
I just snagged ten tins of Germain Special Latakia Flake. Some think it's the same thing as Penzance made for a different brand.
Jimbo, Is it a "true" flake in the Lakeland tradition (shape) or like Penzance, which is called a flake, but that's not what I see it as? A broken flake perhaps. I enjoy several of the Germain flakes and they come as solid, flat flakes which I prefer.

Natch

Does anyone know of a source for Krumble Kake? I think it's no longer in production.

Natch":yfj6kki6 said:
Jimbo":yfj6kki6 said:
Jimbo, Is it a "true" flake in the Lakeland tradition (shape) or like Penzance, which is called a flake, but that's not what I see it as? A broken flake perhaps. I enjoy several of the Germain flakes and they come as solid, flat flakes which I prefer.

Natch
It's a crumble cake exactly like Penzance. No way you can get a flake out of the tin intact. It crumbles very easily, which makes it a joy to rub out and load.