Cuban Mixture

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boxerbuddy

Reaction score
I stopped by Peretti's today and picked up some FVF along with some Cuban Mixture. I guess from all the positive comments on this forum about FVF we all know it's pretty awesome.

I wanted to try something new so I decided to grab an ounce of their Cuban Mixture. I guess it's been around for over a century...anything that sticks around that long has got to be good....and it is. This is such a great all day smoke. It comes somewhat wet but I'm not sure this is one you even want to dry out. I smoked it immediately without any drying time...tasted awesome...sweet nuttiness of the burley and had some of the mustiness you'd associate with cigar leaf...and I think I tasted some tang here and there which I assume is virginia....I guess there's 6 different tobaccos in there.
I couldn't make it bite....I smoked it kind of fast cause I was parked at a meter in Boston, it was smooth all the way through. Not too heavy on nic but enough to satiate.

I've gotta say I've been pretty impressed with peretti's stuff. So far I've tried 7485, 333, 9475 and Cuban Mixture. I think Somerset flake is next on the list.

Thanks for the review Boxer, I'm a huge fan of Peretti's tobacco also, and if you want to try an amazing oriental mixture Tashkent is a MUST.

Peretti's Cuban Mixture took a long time to grow on me. Several times I tried it and every time it just didn't wow me like so many of their other blends do. I recall one comment on the tobacco review site something to the effect, "there's a party in my mouth" referring to all the flavors. I thought that to be a delightful expression, and I've been trying to invite that party into my mouth. (I must admit, after a few evenings of way too many IPA's, bowls of tobacco, and a laps in personal hygiene, I have had funerals complete with rotting corpses in my mouth, but no parties!).

Then just last week I revisited it after almost a year, and really enjoyed it. I'm glad I bought a half pound tin and jarred it up, as I think it will be a good winter smoke. Just goes to show that even after several decades of smoking, my tastes continue to change.

Natch

Cuban Mixture has been around a long time, so somebody must like it, and I do too. Just be aware, like all the Peretti blends, it does have a flavoring/sweetener added. Kind of their hallmark.

I like Cuban Mixture, it's probably my favorite Peretti burley blend. Like everyone says, with that much history behind it, it must taste good to quite a few smokers.

Smokey