Dad Passed Away

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My best wishes in this time of loss. That you hold yourself accountable for being emotionally available to your family demonstrates that you learned an important lesson from your father. Being distant and angry typifies, I think, the disposition of many a father from your dad's generation. You might say that they held themselves accountable only for providing, that otherwise they felt they should be the distant thundering patriarch

alfredo_buscatti":fuga76st said:
My best wishes in this time of loss. That you hold yourself accountable for being emotionally available to your family demonstrates that you learned an important lesson from your father. Being distant and angry typifies, I think, the disposition of many a father from your dad's generation. You might say that they held themselves accountable only for providing, that otherwise they felt they should be the distant thundering patriarch

Good God, Did you live next door to me, when I was a child?

Thanks again guys. I didn't expect the responses for this post to go on this long and I'm touched by it. It means a lot, and I appreciate it.