Damn you guys, Damn-Damn-Damn!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natch

Geographer Ultimo
B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I've got work to do, exams to grade, student's to fail, and every time I kill a minute or two and check out our web site, one of you yahoos wax longingly about this tobacco or that, and I think to myself, "self", I say, "you have that very tobacco in the basement, and you haven't opened that jar in many a year, I'll bet a bowl full of it would taste wonderful right about now", and the next thing you know I"m loading my pipe, making another Manhattan, and heading out back to the woods to cavort with the coyotes and deer, and my work doesn't get done.

And another thing, you guys, ....wait a minute, I'll be right back, that bowl of aged Va flake is calling my name...

If I remember my pedagogy, around that third Manhattan, grading gets a loooot easier.

Doc and Natch, I could have used a couple of instructors like you two in college :lol: I would have carefully turned in my papers after most of the other students so it would be near the bottom of the pile, putting it smack dab into the 'Third Manhattan' zone 8)

If your students only knew what your favorite leaf was, imagine turning in your paper with a tin of...

Straight A's all the way! :cheers:

Boy have times changed.
My collage professors didn't smoke, didn't drink and graded papers with the tenacity of a German Field Marshall.

I think a few of them did cavort with coyotes though.

Mike B.

Sorry, the deer ate my homework. Boy, if I had a dime for every time I heard THAT excuse.

Geez Natch, maybe with the course curriculum outline they should include an intimate " Proffesors Personal Preference and Hobby " section,,,

I would have carefully turned in my papers after most of the other students so it would be near the bottom of the pile, putting it smack dab into the 'Third Manhattan' zone
A true anecdote from a friend who went to Penn State. Final exam in a big room with maybe a hundred people taking it. Toward the end, one guy who the proctor's seen cheating brings his paper up to turn in.

Proctor says, "You were cheating. I'm confiscating your exam."

Cheater says, in a tone of mock indignity, "Do you know who I am ?!"

Proctor says, "No."

Cheater says, "Good !," jams his paper into the middle of the pile before the proctor can react, and splits.

:face:

Yak":5twr0if0 said:
I would have carefully turned in my papers after most of the other students so it would be near the bottom of the pile, putting it smack dab into the 'Third Manhattan' zone
A true anecdote from a friend who went to Penn State. Final exam in a big room with maybe a hundred people taking it. Toward the end, one guy who the proctor's seen cheating brings his paper up to turn in.

Proctor says, "You were cheating. I'm confiscating your exam."

Cheater says, in a tone of mock indignity, "Do you know who I am ?!"

Proctor says, "No."

Cheater says, "Good !," jams his paper into the middle of the pile before the proctor can react, and splits.

:face:
Quick thinking!
icon_cheers.png

Natch,

Sometimes you just have to get your priorities in order and it sounds like yours are right in line!

pipemaker":vuixp2ul said:
Boy have times changed.
My collage professors didn't smoke, didn't drink and graded papers with the tenacity of a German Field Marshall.

I think a few of them did cavort with coyotes though.

Mike B.
Mike, I work with some Profs that I'm rather sure do more than "cavort" with hairy, wild, mean things! But we don't want to go there. :affraid:

Interesting that you guys picked up on the grading exams aspect, but my intent was more the seduction of tobaccos when I have work to do aspect. I obviously don't grade exams while drinking Manhattans, that would be totally inappropriate.

For the quality of some of these papers, straight shots of 151 rum after each red mark I make is much more productive! :lol!:

Natch

Actually, when I saw your topic title, this is the first thing I thought of:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HroAq_E075Y" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Natch!

As a university lecturer, I feel your Pain!!!!
I too have papers to grade but prefer to sit on BOB and chat to you hooligan Gentleman of the pipe!

This is what I do!
"good morning students..... who of you wold like a distinction on their next paper?"
"Any of your Dads an airline pilot?"
"Good, well next time he flies into NY or DC be sure he picks me up some Walnut or FVF or Sir Walter, OGS will do just fine"
"Thanks.... and no I didn't forget here is that A+ I promised you!!!
:lol!: