David Carradine Found Dead

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TallSmoke":9471f94g said:
Slow Puffs":9471f94g said:
"Grasshopper, to know what you know and to know what you don't know, is to know."

Still remember that from the first season... we discussed in class at school the next day... early sixties ??
Such deep thoughts for the acid dropping sixties era. Deep, man. Deep. :afro:
:shock: The article said Kung Fu was in the early seventies..... where's that missing decade :roll: :?: :roll:

Carradine was found with a rope tied around his genitals and another rope around his neck.
'The two ropes were tied together,' he said. 'It is unclear whether he committed suicide or not, or if he died of suffocation or heart failure.'
At my age, is this something I should share with my wife?

Who first discovered this method anyway?

Hollywood is full of sick people. :evil:

Winslow :sunny:

The family says they suspect foul play, I heard it on the radio at work this morning. I'm not certain if any actual organizations are investigating or what the deal is though.

Not sure what that means, but I guess we shall see. Doubtless, it's gonna get weirder.

The saddest thing to me is that his legacy now won't be a fine body of film and tv work but rather being that old karate guy that was found dead with a rope attached to his head and junk. That in itself is a tragedy worthy of Shakespeare...

From the article linked above: "According to reports, Binder said Carradine's hands had been tied behind his back and a footprint on the bed did not match his shoes."

I'm not a law enforcement professional, and I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but if the dude's hands were tied behind his back, wouldn't that tend to push suicide down the list of potential explanations for his death? Of course, I guess you can't really rule out anything if the guy was playing rodeo cowboy with his Johnson. Tough way to come out of the closet....

This is REALLY weird.

I was watching an old episode of BBC's "Prime Suspect" last night on DVD. The show was filmed in the 1990s.

In this episode, a man is found hanging by the neck from a rope over a door and with his feet on the floor. A scarf was between his neck and the rope and his pants were down around his ankles. It was meant to look like he died accidentally from autoerotic asphyxiation, but he was actually a murder victim.

The victim's name in the show was Dennis Carradine.

Rad

I am truly sad to hear this. As a law enforcement officer I won't jump to any conclusions without more information. Having said that, the hands behind the back thing doesn't necessarily mean murder. In some cases of auto erotic asphyxia the hands are bound behind the back in a slip knot and the ligature is passed over a pulley or other device and then around the neck. The idea is that when the participant is just about to lose consciousness he/she can release the slip knot which releases the pressure on the neck. Unfortunately accidents happen.
But, as I say, not enough information yet. :(