Dealer(s) taking advantage of the free market on RAT

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a pound of Penzance with about three years on it and it's for sale. I want $25,000 for it. Don't like the price? Then don't buy it.

4noggins.com":ngudllqv said:
I'm sure you're an intelligent man. But, next time you wish to slam a legitimate vendor selling on eBay, please read the listing first. Those bags of Penzance are being sold on Consignment.
I don't believe I need to explain the meaning of that.

Rich Gottlieb
4noggins.com
Rich,

Please accept my heartfelt apology for my quickly composed OP. My mindset was actually one of general support for clever business acumen on a product that seems to be quite elusive to some. All the more so now, given my error in missing the reference to these being consignments. I too am always amazed at how the auction mentality sometimes drives up the price beyond reasonable expectation. It's the buyer's sole responsibility for the price offered and more power to the seller who is the beneficiary. It's a curiosity for those of us patient enough to wait for what we feel to be a more reasonable price.

I've been a customer of your fine and reputable establishment in the past and anticipate that I would be again in the future. Again, I'm sorry for any misunderstandings I might have caused. :oops:

Richard Burley":jj4oe4o8 said:
I have a pound of Penzance with about three years on it and it's for sale. I want $25,000 for it. Don't like the price? Then don't buy it.
Is that US dollars or would you take Guyanan dollars ? :twisted:

Richard Burley":eh0ev9o1 said:

PM sent. :clown:

Buckshot":nusv93p2 said:
Richard Burley":nusv93p2 said:

PM sent. :clown:
Send me your bank account number and I will make a direct deposit . . . as soon as that Nigerian woman puts money in MY account!

Rich Gottlieb:

Thank you for coming here and clearing that up, and having the fortitude to call a spade a spade to those who saw something else. I hope you can come back and post under better circumstances. Many of us are your loyal customers, either through JP's blends and mixtures or everything else you provide--and for that, thank you. Your business has always treated me well, and I look forward to future orders.

Les:

Thanks for accepting said spade with class. :)

Monbla:

Shut up. :lol:

Conclusion--we're a tight-knit community, if not simply small, think about what you assume or say before you hit "send." Questions are legitimate, accusations cause problems.

Rich has always been honest with me in my dealings, and given great service. I'll continue to order from him.

Thanks for the kind words....I appreciate that.

I will always try to give the BOB members the special attention you guys deserve (need).

All is forgiven.

Rich
4noggins.com

Har! 4Noggins caterers to the pipe forum retards.

Someone needs to fix him up one of those 'Royal (pain in the ass) Warrents" to proudly display on his site..

Joe Blow would see it and say, "If he can deal with those idiots he deserves a decent customer..."

puros_bran":whmrlw0i said:
Har! 4Noggins caterers to the pipe forum retards.

Someone needs to fix him up one of those 'Royal (pain in the ass) Warrents" to proudly display on his site..

Joe Blow would see it and say, "If he can deal with those idiots he deserves a decent customer..."
Keeping it real!

Funny how there wasn't a "pile on" by certain folks around here when the price of the item was mentioned. I seem to remember gettin' an ass chewing / lecture from several folks for making a joke about the asking price of an item that one of my friends was offering. I guess stickies and warnings are only for a select few. Just sayin'........ :roll:

Are you saying you need a sticky and a warning ..... Or that you have a set for sell?

Kinda finding it hard to believe the odds that stonehaven now is starting to become available and it shows up on ebay from a retailer as consignment. Disclosing that it is a consignment item is as easy as typing "consignment item". Selling thru ebay isnt that tough, and why would I want to give someone else a cut after paying ebay fees? Just saying.

Beewrangler2":ha2gvkpf said:
Kinda finding it hard to believe the odds that stonehaven now is starting to become available and it shows up on ebay from a retailer as consignment. Disclosing that it is a consignment item is as easy as typing "consignment item". Selling thru ebay isnt that tough, and why would I want to give someone else a cut after paying ebay fees? Just saying.

And instead of letting a semi-controversial thread go to the bottom of the forum, you had to kick it back up to the top. The retailer in question, unlike many retailers, does sell consignment items for customers on eBay. It's a service. No need casting doubts when the air has already been cleared.

For those looking for Penzance or Stonehaven etc., try some of the lesser known retailers if you are having trouble locating it. There were numerous sellers at the Chicago show that had it in stock, and at the normal retail pricing. The better known retailers get hammered when it appears on their web sites. If you do not want to go though the effort, then there is always eBay.

Under the circumstances, I think I will lock this thread. All that needed to be said, has been said.

Status
Not open for further replies.