Dgting Anyone?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipetongue1

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
Evening guys am I the only guy around here who Dgtizes? :tongue: :bounce: Ken

Seems nearly every other day here :)

Usually the second bowl of the morning (english in the morn) gets shelved for a few hours after barely a start - occasionally a bowl of another variety joins its patient vigil...

Twice a fortnight a bowl of too moist this or that gets delegated to the nightstand for the morning huff as well

All the time, with Virginias and VaPers mostly. Just today I smoked two bowls of Hamborger Veermaster DGT'd from last night. They just got sweeter and tastier all around.

I DGT quite often with many different types. I usually load and smoke 1/4 to 1/2 of a bowl at night before bed, then usually pick up the remainder in the morning.

I never intentionally DGT but fairly often pick up half an unfinished bowl. Generally only with Va's though.

I have a few tobaccos that I know DGT very well (for my taste) mostly vapers, I will either smoke them in a larger bowled pipe or sit them down early for the purpose of enjoying them the next day.

i was wondering the same thing jordies. i assumed it was bad form to leave some in the bowl over night.

I didn't know what DGT stands for either. I Googled "dgt pipe" and got the following:

DGT = Delayed Gratification Technique

from forum.pipes.org

I'm learning something new every day

-Fumo Bro :cheers:

DGT - the intentional (usually) practice of lighting a pipe and (usually) smoking it for a short period, then letting it sit for later (hours, sometimes days). Some believe it makes the tobacco much better tasting (chemical changes in the composition, seems to be plausible). This usually works well with Virginia based tobaccos and poorly with many others, especially aromatics and English or cigar leaf blends.

I've done it unintentionally often enough to believe that it's an OK practice (I didn't want to dump what amounted to a half bowl or more of perfectly good tobacco) but personally I never found enough benefit in the practice to conduct a broad enough experiment to substantiate an actual benefit with certain blends as many others have done. I think a lot of it has to do with mouth and body chemistry. For me, I like the taste of freshly loaded tobacco.

i've done it with english tobacco's. not good, martha. maybe it works well with straight virginias.

fumo bro":tyfkqtcx said:
I didn't know what DGT stands for either. I Googled "dgt pipe" and got the following:

from forum.pipes.org

DGT works with pipes too? What's up with that? :bounce:

Falconer":8zhmbgqb said:
fumo bro":8zhmbgqb said:

from forum.pipes.org

DGT works with pipes too? What's up with that? :bounce:
(imagine a deep voice)
It's when you set down that pipe, turn on some Barry White, and then you got's to take it s l o w brother.
You just got to say Ohhhhhhh Baaaaaby, P L E A S U R E me baaaaby, sweet talk her bro, then after a while you pick her up sooooooo gently, caressing her curves, admiring that shape, then you slowly light up her fiiiire, but not too hot, slow down, ahhhh juuuust right, then you breathe in her aroma and take her in your mouth tasting that sweet, tart juice dribbling from the lip, if you treat her right she'll treat you right man,,, Then you can have her allll night longggg.
:shock:
Whoo! Damn! sorry got distracted there for a minute.
Pardon me while I go smoke a cig.

Muddler":c99yp2gc said:
I never intentionally DGT but fairly often pick up half an unfinished bowl. Generally only with Va's though.
Same here. I don't plan it, but life pulls be away from a half-smoked bowl and I will return to it.

Natch

All the time! It´s actually very seldom that I´ll get the chance to finish a whole bowl in one sitting. Only whan driving long distances does that happen, or late at night when the kids are zzz. I don´t often have more than one bowl going at a time though.... :bounce: