DHL

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Burley

Reaction score
Anyone else ever notice that whenever something gets shipped with DHL entering the chain of custody you can kiss an extra week or two goodbye, as far as receiving the item goes? There's something FUBAR about that company, and from now on they're deal killers with me. Take that, online retailers!!!

(DHL stands for Dick Haround Longtime, right?)

Seems that way to me too. What gets to me is it takes a week to go from one state over to here. Maybe 'local' is still done by a mule and wagon..

I also noticed over 3 years ago when living in NY that whatever was shipped by DHL took at least a week to arrive! Don't believe they do business anymore in the Tri-State area.....NY, NJ and Conn. Rarely see a DHL vehicle on the road down here in NC.....thank God. They were always the worst, second in my opinion is none other than FedEx!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

In my previous life, I worked with them on their aviation side. I didn't realize they were still around!! :cheers: FTRPLT

Yup they're pretty much the kiss of death. My brother once sent me a fly rod he built for me.....a month and a half later I get it. Anyone else I would have had it in a week to ten days. I will not make any purchase that involves DHL.

Jim

I ordered jeans from Shepler's in Texas April 15, handled by DHL, I discovered too late. Among other snags, the package has finally left DHL's warehouse in Grand Prairie, where it just spent three days aging--or perhaps the employees were trying the pants on. One never knows. Business days, not weekend days. God knows where it's going now. At some point they're supposed to hand it off to USPS. Might happen. So the question arises, can you buy DHL stock to sell short, or has that ship already sailed, as far as value loss? From now on I call to find out if a retailer uses DHL, at all, for shipping. If so, 'bye. The company only looks good when compared to covered wagons.

I get stuff shipped through dhl express all the time from overseas and it usually only takes two- three days to get it including passing customs. Sometimes I even get it the next day from as far as Korea and England.

Shipping DHL within the US would be like shipping UPS or FedEx within the EU. I've never had an issue with them shipping from the EU to the US with delivery by the USPS. :shock: