Does your pipe fit your Face style?????

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docwatson

Reaction score
At the time this was a good marketing strategy, but still makes sense today. Although what kind of face should smoke a drip wax finish??? :lol!:

KaywoodieDesign.jpg

Ha! I was just looking at this in jlong's thread wondering which pipe should be smoking. Considering the variety in my collection, I guess I'm Lon Chaney.

For me, a gourd calabash because it covers up my face. :face:

Andy, they didn't cover fat and tall, so I guess I will smoke what I like, and to hell with fashion. :tongue:

Dutch":lhkphqzz said:
Andy, they didn't cover fat and tall, so I guess I will smoke what I like, and to hell with fashion. :tongue:
Right on!

Is there a Kaywoodie for short, stout, old, ugly, rather ornery, often cantankerous and self defacing old fart? I didn't think so (that's why I don't own one). :lol:

Natch

Well, I'm stout and partial to "bent" pipes, so they have me pegged.

not me so much... I prefer smaller and bent pipes, so I would have to be a "mix" of two "types"...

Natch":wqro3mp5 said:
Is there a Kaywoodie for short, stout, old, ugly, rather ornery, often cantankerous and self defacing old fart? I didn't think so (that's why I don't own one). :lol:

Natch
Think I have one to fit your description, maybe on Monday when I return home I can post a picture of it for you. :lol!: :lol!:

Only weird pipes for a weird guy, or really normal pipes for a weird guy, so the pipe isn't stealing the show?

Besides being classic marketing of the time, pipe fashion-consciousness is kind of a anachronistic concept to me. Especially with the more modern styles, both pipe and personal.

dougc905":m0f3wv2u said:
Dutch":m0f3wv2u said:
Right on!
I fit that description...or as a friend calls me, "burly henchmen # 3."

I settled on a large billiard, like a Dunhill ODA (for example but I mainly have Italians who make a few more generous pipe) classic, yet masculine but just a bit bigger than average.