Don't let this happen to you!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap dude, how is that even possible? At some point you would think the owner would have gotten tired of having to tamp with a toothpick.

Maybe he's selling it because he simply can't tamp it anymore? Got to hand it to him though, a cake like that would really take a lot of time.

Piet was telling me of a guy who would simply throw the pipe away when the cake build-up was too great to smoke it. Apparently never knew about reaming.

Dang! Reminds me of a Farret's sphincter. Not that I've ever really seen one. :suspect:

No, no, you guys have it all wrong. The rusticated top masks the fact that it was the rare 3mm diameter bowl, for smoking that last half-gram of 50 year old Dunhill Babies Bottom. :lol:

Natch

Ha!, I saw that the other day and couldn't stop laughing. I don't think Roto-Rooter could even fix that one..

Call in the drain surgeon boys.
You Joke, I have really seen pipes like that. One client brought me one for repair that looked just like that. The carbon cracked the bowl!!!!!!!
And yes........ Muddler is telling the truth!

The description says it needs 'manly hands', I guess that's to hold it tight enough that the bowl doesn't break!

I saw one worse than that in an antique store recently. I should have snapped a pic of it. i couldn't imagine how they even stuffed their tobacco in it.

The good news is such pipes didn't get that way because they smoked or tasted bad... A massively caked pipe that's properly cleaned up is almost always a keeper.