Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
Saturday at 11am mom texted me and told me she was taking my step dad (the man I call pops) to the ER with a possible stoke. At Noon they did emergency brain surgery for Acute Subdural Hematoma.. outlook not good.. Most people die with the acute version.. period.. Sunday he has miraculously recovered, hes flirting with the nurse, getting angry at the doctors, eating with his fingers.. simply frikkin amazing, Dude has literally had a giant hole drilled into his brain...
Was looking very good this morning but he's took a turn this afternoon.. Not able to speak, can't respond on his right side. The Doctor is allowing mom to stay in the room with him now, she she wasn't allowed sat or sunday night.. I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't a bit scared. The only bright spot is the Doc does have him scheduled for 6 weeks of rehab. I don't know if thats just wishful thinking or something he did before this morning.. . The worst part is I can't go help my mom.... My wife goes in for surgery at 5am in the morning. Life is getting a little bit effed up at the moment.

Oh yeah my co-driver is about to get fired.. I don't know whats going to happen there... What would normally be a big deal is barely registering on my radar. Thats messed up.

Anyhoot, I play rough on here I know.. I don't mean anything by it guys, each and everyone of you are like an extended member of my family. If I asshole or gooshy a little to much this week please just over look me.. I'll be back to normal in a little while.

brother, I am really sorry. Hope things turn in a better direction quickly. Be as difficult as you want, I usually ignore you anyways :)

rev

PB - I know what you are going through. Went through much the same thing with my Dad two years back. It was extremely difficult. My prayers are with you.

PB, I am really sorry to hear you are going thru so much all at once. Stay strong and stay as busy as you can brother.

I'm really sorry PB, I hope things change for the better for you soon.

Sorry to read of your problems PB - very tough time for you. My thoughts & prayers are with you this morning brother.

Fraternally

Jers

I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time PB. I can't even imagine what you’re going through brother. Just the thought of dealing with what you’re dealing with makes me start to hyperventilate.
Sending all my hope that everything turns out ok for you and your family.

PB - my thoughts and prayers are for your pops, your wife, you and your family.

All the best.

Mo

I know these dark days well, as many of us do, you need space to just 'be', you got it PB, if there is anything in our powers to do for you mate, just say the word, if it can be done, it'll get done.

Stay strong ol'boy, you'll make it through.

We're here for you. Anything you need, just ask. You won't find a better bunch of people than those who frequent this place.

Tom

My grandfather went through the same thing your Step Dad seems to be dealing with. It was murder on my mother. You have my sincerest sympathies brother.

You cracker head bastages. I said don't post a bunch of crap..
( ;) thanks)

The bride is in recovery. 4hrs.. shew.

Mom said pops was awake today and aware enough mentally to realize that his speech wasn't working right but he was pretty confused as to why.

Hope your wife is OK and it wasnt too serious, best wishes for her. Since pops had such an influence on you I assume you turned out a lot like him, so I surmise he is an ornery ol bastage like you. He'll prolly be up and chewin your ass in no time ;-)

puros_bran":s3d8gkg5 said:
.. I'll be back to normal in a little while.
You can't get BACK to normal if you've never been there, Butthead.

Dad, Mom, and your wife are in my prayers.