dose any one know?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkansaspiper

Reaction score
dose any one know what kimd of
rum ps uses on there navy flake. my navy flake is full va and amazing just possibly wanting to try there rum.

Sorry, don't know the exact rum they use but now that you have a tobacco press make your own with Captain Morgans Dark Rum. Or any other spiced Rum. You won't be disappointed!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Could you experiment a little Arky? Press some small samples with different rums?

I've heard the flavors used are extracts not bottled liquor.  :shock:

Most definitely the major tobacco manufacturers use either oils or extracts. However I've had great results with Southern Comfort and a good Bourbon. Just don't soak the tobacco, I use a clean glass bottle with a fine mist spray.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

i made some navy this year with with Bacardi rum and its good but a little sweet i just wanted to cut the sweet. my tobacco plants are starting to finnish up and ill be running a new batch threw the press here in a few months give the leaf some time to sit a bit just getting ideas.

Best suggestion I have is to use overproof rum. The super high alcohol content leaves less water in your tobacco and should increase the amount of flavor you get from the same amount of rum. Anything over 150 proof should work.

Jim

Totally agree with Jim^^^^^^ 150 proof will NOT be sweet but will add the Rum flavor your looking for!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Arky, 90 proof is only 45% alcohol, 150 proof is 75% alcohol. Get your hands on some GOOD Moonshine....190 proof plus!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Arky, try and get your hands on one of the Jamaican overproof rums. You'll probably have to order it in but the difference between the real Jamaican overproof vs Bacardi 151 will shock you.

Jim

dang i love this place its full of awsome people i found some 160 proof on line aged 3 years in oak cask

Sounds like it will blow a hole right though the top of your head. Becareful with that.

Jim