Dunhill makes cologne.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After Alfred died his wife re-created or converted Dunhill into a fashion company. Sad tale. At least the pipes sort of survived, sort of.

Dunhill Fresh Cologne by Alfred Dunhill
Keep things classy with Dunhill Fresh by Alfred Dunhill, a casual cologne for men. Introduced in 2005, this crisp, worldly scent is a mix of iris, freesia, basil, coumarine, citrus fruits, patchouli, aquatic notes, violet, amber and cedar. The unique blend of floral scents and spices lets you smell fresh to those around you. Splash a bit of this appealing fragrance on your wrists and neck before a weekend brunch or a trip to the local farmer's market.

Eh, I don't know if I want to smell like all that at once, better just stick to me normal
aroma of Escudo and cow manure with just a hint of male musk.

Aristokles":2yi9z8s5 said:
After Alfred died his wife re-created or converted Dunhill into a fashion company. Sad tale. At least the pipes sort of survived, sort of.
Not quite, Dunhill was pretty diverse from very early on. Alfred (Sr.), Alfred Henry (Jr) or Uncle Bertie's wives never had anything to the company. Mary was AD's daughter and she was a lifer with the company and was a strong supporter of the pipes even loooong after they became a tiny percentage of sales.  :shock: 

Cartaphilus":f0pmjgxt said:
Dunhill Fresh Cologne by Alfred Dunhill
Keep things classy with Dunhill Fresh by Alfred Dunhill, a casual cologne for men. Introduced in 2005, this crisp, worldly scent is a mix of iris, freesia, basil, coumarine, citrus fruits, patchouli, aquatic notes, violet, amber and cedar. The unique blend of floral scents and spices lets you smell fresh to those around you. Splash a bit of this appealing fragrance on your wrists and neck before a weekend brunch or a trip to the local farmer's market.

Eh, I don't know if I want to smell like all that at once, better just stick to me normal
aroma of Escudo and cow manure with just a hint of male musk.
lots of the descriptions are way longer then that one..

if you want to be scared go across the street to b&b and read some of the crap those 'boys' have to say in the fragrance sub forum.

daveinlax":3pgbcu2f said:
Aristokles":3pgbcu2f said:
Not quite, Dunhill was pretty diverse from very early on. Alfred (Sr.), Alfred Henry (Jr) or Uncle Bertie's wives never had anything to the company. Mary was AD's daughter and she was a lifer with the company and was a strong supporter of the pipes even loooong after they became a tiny percentage of sales.  :shock: 
What's "not quite"? I don't disagree with your take. Fact is post-Alfred the fashion side ruled the roost. If profit dropped out of pipes today, bet they'd dump it as they did the tobaccos.

Richard Burley":blw83na8 said:
So does Ferrari, but that doesn't mean...anything.   :sleep: 
A bottle of it just goes faster, that's all. Or maybe it's just a smaller bottle and gives the illusion of going faster.

That's a great cologne. My favorite has become Musgo Real (Claus Porto) Aqua de Colonia No. 2 (Oak Moss).

Davidoff Cool Waters. A Green Irish Tweed clone, but smells great and a lot cheaper than the Creed original.

The Zippo cologne made me laugh!

Wife: "Why aren't you wearing your new Zippo cologne?"

Pipe smoker: "It burns when I put it on".

1_1025705_FS.JPG

My favorite aroma of theirs is Royal Yacht  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 

I picked up a nice Dunhill French cuffed dress shirt for $5 at a thrift shop. It was made in Italy (good thing for clothes) and has mother-of-pearl buttons. It's pretty nice.

Puff Daddy":qm5ncskc said:
Davidoff Cool Waters. A Green Irish Tweed clone, but smells great and a lot cheaper than the Creed original.

Hot with all the chicks.... In 1991.

I gave up on Green Irish Tweed specifically because of all the high school kids running around drenched in Cool Water. GIT is really a great cologne. I feel the same about the Original Polo, an absolutely great cologne that has just been ruined by teenage boys.

They also make wallets, ties, shirts, and stuff like that. They no loner make pipes, cigars, tobacco, or smokers requisites. They continue to sell some of these things using the brand "the white spot", although they don't make any of it any more. "Dunhill" branded stuff, like pipe tobacco, is made and sold by other companies who bought a right to the brand and blending recipes long ago.

The Dunhill brand was built around quality craftsmanship of pipes and smoking accessories, including, of course, tobacco. The current owners (LVMH, the same company that owns the Lois Vuitton brand) want nothing to do with tobacco or smokers. They still want to sell us stuff at premium prices, just as long as it is not directly associated with smoking.

You can get very nice fragrances and high end leather goods from a number of vendors. I just choose not buy goods branded "Dunhill" and, of course, I find the brand "the white spot" an abomination. The Dunhill name now symbolizes to me the persecution of smokers and the shunning of smoking, and I want no part of that.