Dunhill Nightcap

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Max

Reaction score
My local B&M has some and I'm thinking of buying it. Is it an English? Would you guys recommend?

English with a capital L(atakia). Pretty thick, heavy, spicy. I get more pepper than nut from the perique and that's just a tiny bit as is, but that's just me. A lot of people think very highly of it, many use it as their gold standard (and even more so before Orlik started making it). I've never had the pre-Orlik. Definitely worth trying it you like strong English/Latakia.

I'm smoking some that's a year old. I don't find the Latakia overpowering at all.

Pleasant smell and a smooth, mellow smoke. I've never had the pre-Orlik stuff either so I can't compare but I like this.

A heavy english, pretty good dose of Vit N. Recommended as an evening smoke after a hearty meal. The original Orlick was ok, not as good as the Murray's. Have not sampled the new shipments, still have about a dozen tins left from before they quit importing to the USA.

Here is a link to an older thread about Nightcap. I opened a new tin and it's the same for me.

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t4037-dunhill-nightcap?highlight=nightcap