Dunhill Nightcap

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I absolutely adore Dunhill Nightcap!! As a matter of fact, it is the blend in the beginning that changed me from a cigar smoker who likes pipes, to a pipeman. And, its what got my pipe mentor, the late Sailorman Jack, to think that I had a tongue worth investing his tutelage. : )

My wonderful tobacconist (Roswitha at pipes and Pleasures in Columbus) says that she'll have Dunhill tins back on the shelves within the next year, as their US distribution has been picked up by CAO. I have only one tin in the ol cellar right now. So...I'll hold on to it, just in case she's mistaken. : )

Crookshanks":9x95kmj3 said:
I absolutely adore Dunhill Nightcap!! As a matter of fact, it is the blend in the beginning that changed me from a cigar smoker who likes pipes, to a pipeman. And, its what got my pipe mentor, the late Sailorman Jack, to think that I had a tongue worth investing his tutelage. : )

My wonderful tobacconist (Roswitha at pipes and Pleasures in Columbus) says that she'll have Dunhill tins back on the shelves within the next year, as their US distribution has been picked up by CAO. I have only one tin in the ol cellar right now. So...I'll hold on to it, just in case she's mistaken. : )
Is there any further word on Nightcap being distributed by CAO?

I have a good fourteen tins (two logs, four seperate) of the weed, but that's a short supply thinking about potential decades in my life without Nightcap being available :p

some one on here posted a email from CAO about their efforts to take over the distribution of the Dunhill line and it was dated in December some time so the drought might soon be over.

Mike Green

If that is true, I'm going to be a very happy man.

Even moreso if they don't change the blend too much (if at all) *crosses fingers* :pirat:

Anthony":m1g9tl3h said:
If that is true, I'm going to be a very happy man.

Even moreso if they don't change the blend too much (if at all) *crosses fingers* :pirat:
Whether or not it changes, folks will say the "old" stuff was better. :roll:
Orilk may become the new Murray's.
If my taste for Latakia doesn't return,
my stash may become valuable after all. :lol:

I think Orlik will still be the blender CAO will be the distributer so I dont think it will change.

Looks like I'm bringing an old thread back to life here, but I had to chime in. I just purchased my first tin of Nightcap. I largely smoke English blends. Peter Stokkebye's Balkan Supreme is my go to, but Frog Morton and Uhle's blend 114 are in my regular rotation as well. With that being said, I simply can't get past the nicotine in Nightcap. I almost feel nauseous after smoking a large bowl of it. I should say here, though, that I have always limited myself to one pipe per day, so my daily nicotine intake has never been that high. The flavor of Nightcap is fantastic, the tin note luscious and smoky, but that nicotine level is through the roof!! At about the mid bowl, I'm fighting with myself to dump it. Anyone else have this reaction?

Pipe'n Prof":zrjqxzt4 said:
The flavor of Nightcap is fantastic, the tin note luscious and smoky, but that nicotine level is through the roof!! At about the mid bowl, I'm fighting with myself to dump it.
You'll get used to it.
It made me a little queasy at first, as well.
Now, it's pretty manageable, especially on a full stomach.
However, I like it so much, I would keep smoking it regardless... 8)

And it doesn't taste the same when you half- or one third-load a bigger one either.

Life is complicated :lol!:

:face:

I've just gotten into Nightcap these last couple of months. I love it. Valium in a pipe. The bigger the bowl the better for me. Have a bowl at about 10am. Goodnight. HA HA HA!!!!

henwrench":ug80zcfc said:
I've just gotten into Nightcap these last couple of months. I love it. Valium in a pipe. The bigger the bowl the better for me. Have a bowl at about 10am. Goodnight. HA HA HA!!!!
Now this I can relate to!
Cheers! :cheers:

Of all the "classic" Dunhill blends, Nightcap is the only one I could really get into. Rich and full-bodied, with just enough natural sweetness to keep me interested.

Now I have several tins in the cellar.

I always have two, three tins of Nightcap on hand it's my favorite blend out of any blend ever blended.

henwrench":rsnb5mee said:
Valium in a pipe.
I can relate to this as well. Ten Russians, which I just recently tried for the first time, has a very similar effect on me. :drunken: :sleep:

MisterE":cr6hfyxs said:
I have one Murray's tin of NCsitting on the shelf staring at me.

What to do, what to do.... :scratch:
Crack it open and smoke it in something big! :twisted:

Harlock999":34kevr2m said:
MisterE":34kevr2m said:
I have one Murray's tin of NCsitting on the shelf staring at me.

What to do, what to do.... :scratch:
Crack it open and smoke it in something big! :twisted:
It's the only solution, really. Although I do like Nightcap as, well, as a nightcap, I also like it for the drive home from work. Hard to get frustrated at the traffic and construction when delays only mean more time to smoke.

And Harlock...are you having an identity crisis? Not long ago I saw you changed your signature from Liverpool to Los Angeles. I figured you were just sick of backing a club whose striker has made a habit of biting opposing players. But now Roma?