Dunhill Rollagas lighter

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick

Reaction score
Hi everyone.....looking for some help.
Found an older lighter in very good shape and I'm trying to git it fired up.
Did some research and figured out how to change the flint but I cant manage to get butane into the bladder.

Do I need a special nozzle for this lighter or do I need to use Dunhill butane ??

Looking for help, please.
Thanks.

That's a nice find:) You should be able to fill it with any butane refill- when you pull out the screw from the nozzle you should see something like a long needle inside it. You take the butane bottle, you put it into the nozzle so that the needle is inside the tip of the refill and press the bottle against the lighter a couple times. It should work:)

This is a poor photo of the tip you need. It should be included with most butane cans though it may be red. The Rollagas fitted with the pipe flame is my favorite lighter.
dscf0911.jpg
:shock:

OK...Thanks for the help so far but I now have another problem.

The flame is WAY too high and I cant figure out why.
The adjuster on the side is completely cranked down (closed) and I'm not sure what else to try.

I've had the same problem. There are two flame regulations on a Dunhill rollagas. One is the little wheel on the back of the lighter (the one that should be used when you need to regulate your flame once in a while) and another one on the bottom of the lighter, next to the filling valve (I was told that one should only be used very rarely, like only a couple of times in a lighter's lifetime to adjust the range in which the little wheel works). When you look at the bottom of the lighter you see the round plug that covers the filling valve and next to it, in the lower left corner, a small round "thing" with an incision in it. You should try to rotate that thing with the tip of a screwdriver, just be careful, a couple of millimeters should be enough.
There's also another possibility, which is actually quite probable. Since you said you found the lighter I guess it has been lying in a drawer for some time. It might be dirty inside or broken in some way. Unfortunately most lighters are pretty delicate, sometimes just using butane that is not purified enough can damage the lighter. If adjusting the flame doesn't work you should try sending it to a repairman.
Okay, sorry for this unclear and confused post but my english kinda fails when it comes to explaining technical details :)

W:
I really appreciate the help.

Before I sink some cash into this, I am going to buy some premium butane and flints and see if that helps any.
I did move the butane adjustment screw (for lack of a better discription) on the bottom of the lighter and the setting I have is the best I could come up with.
It works and that is good enough for now.

and FWIW, your English is plenty good :cheers: