edgeworth sliced

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bent bulldog

Reaction score
I just managed to obtain some tins of Edgeworth Sliced that was manufactured in England and imported by Lane Limited. Does anyone know when this tobacco was imported and when Lane quit importing it. I understand that the original Edgeworth was made by Larus Brothers in the U.S. but I am not familiar with the British made version. Thanks for the help.

bent bulldog":juo5xcsr said:
I just managed to obtain some tins of Edgeworth Sliced that was manufactured in England and imported by Lane Limited. Does anyone know when this tobacco was imported and when Lane quit importing it. I understand that the original Edgeworth was made by Larus Brothers in the U.S. but I am not familiar with the British made version. Thanks for the help.
You lucky dog!!!  I've heard 1974 as the date Larus quit manufacturing the Slices. Dunno about the rest.

'Tis my understanding that the last Larus Bros. made was in 1974, the year they shut down. The European version went kaput in 2005. This is the one "unobtanium" I seek out like a knight looking for the Holy Grail :lol: That no one has tried to replicate this baby is beyond me! :cheers: FTRPLT

I find Solani aged burley flake is very similar to the sliced I have from 2004. In fact, I like the Solani a bit more.