ELECTION DAY...2014

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
riff raff":1iwiwxpr said:
Our Board is crying for volunteers, as I suspect many are around the country.   Many of the poll workers are aging seniors, who struggle a bit with the new digital equipment.   If you have the time, it is an interesting process.
Same story here. I've seen the same aging faces at every election since I was 16. I actually know a few of the workers in my precinct, and they've talked me into signing up. Paperwork to be done, but it appears that I'll be a poll worker beginning this spring.

As far as the results, no surprises here in NE Ohio...all the state and local elections seem to have been decided months ago, and the issues expected to pass flew through easily enough. Generally, it was about as uneventful as an election day can be.

You'll enjoy the day, its pretty rewarding and nice way to contribute in your community. Plus, you get a little cash at the end for a pipe purchase! Let me know how it goes.

idbowman":if3cr5ki said:
riff raff":if3cr5ki said:
Our Board is crying for volunteers, as I suspect many are around the country.   Many of the poll workers are aging seniors, who struggle a bit with the new digital equipment.   If you have the time, it is an interesting process.
Same story here.  I've seen the same aging faces at every election since I was 16.  I actually know a few of the workers in my precinct, and they've talked me into signing up.  Paperwork to be done, but it appears that I'll be a poll worker beginning this spring.  

As far as the results, no surprises here in NE Ohio...all the state and local elections seem to have been decided months ago, and the issues expected to pass flew through easily enough.  Generally, it was about as uneventful as an election day can be.

It was a good day for the Corporation yesterday!! Now they will get the Board of Directors ( the Senate) to get rid of this stupid President thing and appoint a proper CEO to run the United Corporation of Amurica !! YEAAH :cheers: :cheers: :twisted: :twisted: We are in the process of returning Jim Crow down here in Tejas to get things so that the RIGHT kind of people run things !! :twisted: :twisted:

We're all going to be led away in chains--that is, those of us who aren't lynched! Run to Cuba, where they get things right! Monbla lad!--pack a canoe! I'll help paddle!

monbla256":23kiql1a said:
It was a good day for the Corporation yesterday!! Now they will get the Board of Directors ( the Senate)  to get rid of this stupid President thing and appoint a proper CEO to run the United Corporation of Amurica !! YEAAH  :cheers: :cheers: :twisted: :twisted: We are in the process of returning Jim Crow down here in Tejas to get things so that the RIGHT kind of people run things !! :twisted: :twisted:

Wow, so Charlie Rangel is right and it is all about racism.
I imagine you agree with him that we miss slavery.  

Bitterness is unbecoming.  ;)

Historically speaking Democrat Woodrow Wilson was a big fan of Jim Crow laws and segregated the military and federal work spaces. The guy was a "progressive" so no surprise really.

:)