Emergency pipe holder for the workshop

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAW

Reaction score
I was preparing the bench to give some TLC to my new to me Stanwell #46 while puffing the #19 and then realized that I did not have any pipe holder in my workshop so I made my self a quick solution just for tonight although I guess I will keep on working in the idea.
Have a good night to you all

pipe-holder-337x600.jpg

LOL. At first I just saw the top of your picture and assumed you were referring to the egg crate. I guess that would be the fall back fall back.

I like your wood n’ wire design better. Often the coolest things are the ones that are conceived by some guy in a shop somewhere to “make do” in a pinch.

Cool idea for a thread. Pipe stands are one of those things I think many of us ignore, or slap aside like the Spike and Chester cartoons, though most of us need them and use them on the daily. Like in wet shaving, where many people make their own razor stands, I'd love to see photos of all the pipe stand inventions and make-shifts. Personally, I like repurposing old leather belts in a short loop.

81W-3fkhjFL._SY355_.jpg

Blackhorse":2maymghi said:
I like your wood n’ wire design better.  Often the coolest things are the ones that are conceived by some guy in a shop somewhere to “make do” in a pinch.
Even better is a bended bicycle wheel spoke and a sliced wine bottle cork plus a few minutes of thinking :lol!: . The spoke was lying around and the cork is from a pile also in my workshop, I use them to hold the sand paper for stem sanding/polishing procedures, it works great.

Yup, that's great.  I'm always messing around with crafty stuff like that.  I like your pipe rest a lot.  I usually have a couple of egg cartons laying around for that purpose.  Or this...

Zeno Marx":346930kn said:
Cool idea for a thread.  Pipe stands are one of those things I think many of us ignore, or slap aside like the Spike and Chester cartoons, though most of us need them and use them on the daily.  Like in wet shaving, where many people make their own razor stands, I'd love to see photos of all the pipe stand inventions and make-shifts.  Personally, I like repurposing old leather belts in a short loop.

81W-3fkhjFL._SY355_.jpg
I saw and liked these for "on-the-go" type holder if I ever would need one.  However, I don't have any skill whatsoever with leather working.....but I'm an avid fisherman and have many, MANY filet knives. I just removed the loop from the Rapala filet knife

This worked perfect with my first (and so far only) bowl off the pipe...also pictured is the .270 cartridge I'm using as a tamper

I don't have a rivet tool, so I just poke a couple holes in the leather and sew the loop closed. A rivet is overkill anyway, considering how little stress is on the loop.