Emulation..

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:cheers:

I will kick anyone's ass at pacman, hands down.

I actually still have my old Sega Genesis, but lost one of the cables in my move a few months ago, so it's worthless at the moment. Nothing Ebay can't fix though. :D

A few months ago I got a controller for $20 or so at gamestop that plugs into a USB drive, and played some NES and SNES games. Beat Final Fantasy III, played some Zelda games, it was great. I've slowed down but I need to go back and finish Chronotrigger, which I started. Some of the older games aren't very aged at all, they're still fun and challenging even going back after playing modern games.

in the 50's we used to enjoy marbles ;)

yooyoos and hopscotch were also popular

Slow Puffs":8p7ehcnv said:
in the 50's we used to enjoy marbles ;)

yooyoos and hopscotch were also popular
ah yes, i recently had a young man show off his yo yo talent at a bar i was at. he was amazing. but the times, they haven't changed one iota. he still looked like a dork. after he left, we all agreed he was never getting laid.

Old school games? How old? Like in hide and seek, king of the mtn, pick up an smear, dodge ball, stretch or chicken, horse, red rover?

I can just barely remember them, much less play them. :lol:

Jim

Irene Adler":3i6gxirt said:
:cheers:

I will kick anyone's ass at pacman, hands down.
I challenge you to a duel, ya know, if you lived a little closer and stuff :lol:

I was always miserable at best at pinball, but in 1968 I was going to summer school in Southern England and had a chance to play a pinball machine in Soho and again later that week at Brighton Beach. So as the song in Tommy goes, "I must have played them all!

:lol:

Natch

I went through a phase of replaying all my SNES games on my PSP for a while. Zelda is still a favorite. :D

What type of old school games might Ye be thinking about. I still have my old atari 2600 and it still works. I have my NES and it still works. My SNES is over at my X in laws house. I did get rid of my Tandy TS-80 or TR-80 a couple months ago. I am sure a couple of members here remember what that was. I have my PS1 and PS2 and a PSP. I bought my daughter the newer nintindo thing. I love playing it especialy mario cart on line. I had a sega genisis it broke so I threw it away. I had a gameboy. I sold all the games and threw it away as well since I could not sell it for a buck at a yard sale. I even had pong before I got the 2600 but mom sold it after Santa brought me the atari.

I have a Playstation and a Game Boy advanced emulator on my phone now... Had a NES but decided to just keep all thos ROMs on the pc..

Im playing all the old Atari arcade games..Asteroids..Battlezone..Centipede.. now on the PSP.

Joe

I am electronically challenged and proud of it! Any one up for some Anvil Shooting?! :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IhQ4dE_RGnQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>