Ever REALLY Meet A Celebrity?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bronxbill":iqhoxmcf said:
I played high school basketball against Kareem Abdul Jabar when he was still Lew Alcindor. I met most of the old Yankees... Mickey Mantle, Whitey Ford, Yogi Berra etc when I worked at Yankee Stadium before I went into the Marine Corps. Met Jimmi Hendrik at a small club in Greenwich Village before he became really famous.
Can I shake your hand at the TAPS Show? :D

Met a few when I was living in Sonoma, CA but really only meet and greet kind of things. Robin Williams, Smothers brothers... Saw Christy Brinkley but never talked to her.

My favorite celebrity meeting was Rainn Wilson. I met him at a small family gathering in Seattle. He's my ex girlfriend's cousin. At the time he had only did a few minor acting roles and when they told me he was an actor I thought to myself, "Good luck with that dude.". A few years later and he's gotten so famous that we have more than a couple his bobble heads sitting in cubicles at my office. Guess I was way wrong on that prediction. :lol:

Oh, and I have Ron Jeremy's autograph being he was mentioned. :D

I remember as a kid at least 45+ years ago my Dad and I went to a Sears in Orange County California and in walked John Wayne. Man he was a big Man and very nice. My son and I have also met Mohamed Ali at a Phoenix Suns basketball game. As a flight mechanic in 1980 the company I flew with took George Bush Sr. all over the country when he was running against Ronald Regan in the primaries. Spent about a month and a half on that trip. I keep an autographed picture of he and his wife along with the flight crew in my home office.

I met Trace Bundy a couple times, such that he remembers my name when I go to his shows...if that counts.

LoL.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XyY4LNkxOW0" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I also met George Bush Sr. back when he was campaigning. And my dad and uncle Tom both know Allison Krauss (my uncle used to play in a band with her years ago), but I've never met her.

....That's pretty much it.

Ol'Dawg":eo5ptfw5 said:
Bill Clinton (before he was elected gov. of AR), and Nature Boy (R. Flair) to name a few.

Jim

forgot about that... I WORKED for Slick Willie...lol.. Drove one of his trucks.. And I didn't know we were counting Wrestlers.. Met Rick and his boy at Have-a-nice-day Cafe here in Da Ville... Met Hillbilly Jim in Barbourville, Ky.. Watched the Road Warriors get out of a car that was driven by Arn Anderson with Ole riding shotgun.. They proceded to 'beat the crap out of each other' that night...lol..