Extreme weather football

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puff Daddy

Reaction score
Anyone watching the Lions Eagles game? There's snow, and then there's snow!! :shock:

I don't like weather games.  I'm watching my Vikings playing in heavy snow in Baltimore.
I wonder what how "the shield" would handle a blizzard on Super Sunday. A northern outdoor game is a big risk. :shock:

Farmer's Almanac predicts a big-ass blizzard for the Super Bowl.
I'm watchin' Dolphins - Steelers; they're blowing the yard lines between plays.

yeah watching the eagles. hope they make a come back

The Ravens/Vikings game was awesome, particularly the first half. I listened on the radio in my shop, enjoying my first and only smoke of the day. The announcers were going on so much about the white field, I had to go in and watch on the tv. What a nail-biter, we were just lucky to pull that one out. I doubt we would have one had Peterson stayed in the game. It sure doesn't look good for him, which is a shame.

Twelve degrees in Chicago right now.
Happy Mike Ditka Day.    :cheers: 

(Cowboys are one point favorites - I don' thin so Lucy.)   ;)

AP was angry that Baltimore fans were throwing snow-balls. Apparently he doesn't hang out in Charm City too often..... (at least we didn't throw at Santa Claus...)

I kinda like games played in dramatic weather. Always have. I think it's because rules changes that favor passing offenses have led to higher-scoring, slick, move-those-yardsticks, ultimately tiresome contests. Past defensive responses to this strategy would now draw penalties. No need for fans to understand what's going on. Or sports reporters, it seems. Teams no longer carry a bruising fullback who could gain 2 yards against the Statue of Liberty. I thought those guys were terrific. Now it's execution, timing patterns and back-shoulder passes. And receivers go waawaawaa to the ref if a defender puts a hand on them. But lousy weather treats everyone lousy. And if the new "fans" can't handle it, possibly the game is too much for the poor dears.

I dearly hoping there is a serious snow storm during the Super Bowl, that will be a blast to watch, including the half-time show!

I saw the Lion/Eagle game and was reminded of a game I played in back in high school (so long ago, it seems as if it had been in a prior lifetime) ... the game was against our principal rivals and due to a potentially large attendance, it was played on the college football field ... the snow was six-eight inches deep on the field itself and was falling so heavily that a ball in the air, whether a pass, punt or kickoff, could not be seen a good part of the time until it came down close to the players and the ground ... the game itself was sloppy and awkward as a result and it was cold beyond belief ... I was never happier in my life for a game to come to an end, though at times during the game, the end seemed as if it would never come ...