Falling back into cigarettes, the horror!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been post cig withdrawal for weeks and just getting nicotine from pipes, which is a less urgent nic need than cigs. It's also the memory of cigarettes, how they seem so glorious. You know, smoking is very glorious, I just love it maybe not more than sex but far more than women. I've dreamed of pipes and cigarettes, damn I love this shit. Anyways, I think cigs are only good on occasion because they get old fast, unlike pipes which are always great and interesting. That's why I quit cigs, to smoke my pipes more. Black lungs don't scare me, I'm smoker to the bitter end. Now, I'll just have to keep being that stubborn about constant pipe smoking. I'm a full-on pipe smoker now and I don't want to give that up.

So, no cigrettes now and I don't give a rat's ass. The key seems to be refusing to indulge in the thought and thus begin obsessing over cigs, inevitably buying another pack. The best remedy is to smoke another pipe. I've always found that smoking is a great remedy for anything, so it's a basic principle for me. Thanks for the replies, and good to know I'm not the only one.

Good to hear it's getting better for you. My advice would be substitute small cigars for your cigarettes. I'm not talking Primetimes or Swishers, but actual little cigars. Two reasons. First, you can inhale them a couple times to get the hit. Second, they taste good so you can smoke them without inhaling. Eventually just wean yourself off cigarettes seems the easiest strategy IMO.