Family Part II

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Weiss

Reaction score
I've always hated sequels. Especially if the cast changes.

No sh*t, my father just went into the ER last night for a pancreatic infection. He didn't want to call me because he knew I had my hands full with Zack. Of course, since Zack is at his parent's house and has them driving him crazy caring for him, the powers-that-be had fantastic timing, so I spent the morning at a whole different hospital with my father.

I'm now at his house getting something to eat (skipped dinner last night after getting Zack settled in, figured I'd eat the next morning) and packing up stuff to go to my father. Fortunately at his age he has his Medicare lined up and can get most of this taken care of, but on the flip side, we're a duo in our business. It's like if half the company got sick and couldn't work.

I'm worried. Real worried.

I spent most of the morning in tears. I'm tired. I'm pissed off. I'm at my wits end. I've literally been trying to go over what we all did to have this crap happen all at once. This isn't darkness before dawn, now, it feels like a north pole winter waiting for spring.

Sorry for being dramatic, but to be honest, I don't have a lot of friends. I have people I know, but I'm not social. Except in text, I'm hard to get along with (I can take back what I say before I hit "send" when I type... :lol: ) . That, and the few I know have probably already gotten sick of hearing about Zack and everything else that's happened since about May. I'm really sorry to all of you, but writing this all out is somewhat therapeutic.

It would sound sad to regular folks: "An Internet forum is all I have." But to me, it's kind of huge right now.

This isn't a regular place, though.

F__k, I have no idea how to even wrap this up. Sorry for airing my dirty laundry.

Dang Kyle, I'm really sorry to hear about you father.

Keep us posted and don't hesitate to ask if there is anything we can do.

Todd

I wish *comfort* could make you feel as better about this as I would like. But that said, keep us informed. We are hardly tired of your posts. No more apologies for airing laundry - yours is hardly what I would call dirty at all, my friend.

If you want someone to talk to, I'm perfectly willing to listen.

Kyle: sorry to hear your father's not doing well. Hopefully they'll get a handle on it quickly. As for the rest, vent away as much as you need to, brother. If anyone doesn't want to read it, they'll skip the thread

"T"

Gotta admit this internet forum is about the only way I have to talk right now too brother so it doesn't sound sad or anything. Hope your father recovers as swiftly as Zack seems to have done. If you need anything holler at us brother. Our prayers are with you and yours.

I feel you Kyle, all my old friends still talk to me but they are 21 and unless it involves heavy drinking I don't see them. Having a kid and being responsible puts a big gap between us. That leaves my wife and the forum for support. Don't mind hearing from you at all kyle. Hope your dad pulls through ok, best wishes.

Damn, Kyle. When it rains, it pours.

Hang in there, Kyle. You'll get through this.

Wishing things go well for your Father and Zach.

If you need anything, you know how to get in touch.

Kyle,
Glad to hear Zack is out ,but real sorry to hear your Father is in,we are praying for you all !
Tim
Tim

You've got real friends here Kyle, including me. Don't be bashful in reaching out in your time of need.

Best wishes to your father. And keep us updated.

Cheers,

RR

It helps to talk it out. Even if only to the aether. In your case, you have us. I know I care as does most of the brothers here, never doubt it. We may not always have a response, but you always have our "ear".

May you, Zack, your father and the rest of your family come out of this well and soon.

Hang in there Kyle. Many great thoughts and hopes to Zack and your father's speedy recovery.

Sounds like you've done as much as you can do for them.
Time to rest up a little, recharge.

Hoping for the best,
Chris.

Harlock is right Kyle. You nee to make sure that you take care of your self. "Even this will pass".

My thoughts are with you and Zack and your father.

Kyle Weiss":5gl7wigj said:
but to be honest, I don't have a lot of friends.
Incorrect.

Ok, so maybe some of the contours of this "friendship" are a bit different than the traditional sense, but look around, man...we all care. You and I haven't had a great many exchanges on these forums, particularly outside of pipe-centric conversation, but I can tell you - with absolute honesty - that you and your situation have crossed my mind more than a few times recently. I suspect I'm not alone in this.

Hang in there the best you can. We're all here in whatever capacity we can be.

Kyle, keep us posted and stay strong. We're here to supply any support you want. Take care.

Kyle don't think for a minute that you need to apologize for anything. We are a family here and we care about each of you. I understand all to well needing to vent. So feel free to let it out. I hope things turn around for you quickly. All my best to you, Zack, and your dad

Your brother
Jim

Jeez you guys, I'm not sure what's making me tear up more, my family's plight or you guys. :lol: Well, I had to laugh a little (which is probably a good sign) just because I felt so stupid for blithering on like a girl earlier, but the fact you guys took all of this to heart from some random dude with an avatar on the Internet. Seriously, you're all awesome.

All of your messages are being received loud and clear. If I thought I was helpless with Zack and my Dad, I imagine it's probably just as tough for you guys (from the barrage of messages and posts I've gathered) who also very sincerely care--and yet are far away. I'm pretty sure if you all were here with me I'd be surrounded by pipe smoke and good company.

The prayers, thoughts, well-wishing and extension of yourselves is awesome. I'm not a phone guy, especially when I'm dealing with crap, so I can't say I'll call, but just reading this stuff has done a WORLD of good for me. If it hasn't been repeated enough, thank you, and you're ALL awesome.

So, I guess a few updates.

Zack's mending okay, and has given me full leave to attend to my father if necessary, which is cool, because I cannot clone myself (which is probably better for the world... one Kyle Weiss is enough for now).

My father is getting a good dose of antibiotics (I forgot to mention he had some weird heart infection and pneumonia just a few days before the pancreitis showed up)...but that comes with it's own problems. He also has been battling ulcerative colitis for quite a few years, and he has to be very careful with medications and food. He's going to be staying in intensive care until blood tests come back okay.

I have to head out of town for the day to complete some work...the drive alone will do me good to clear my head. I'm taking a few pipes, of course, so I won't be truly alone (plus, it'll help me think of you guys). I'm loading up the MP3 player with tons of music (probably a lot of classical--some Chopin and Tchaikovsky would be great, maybe some Miles Davis and some Sonny Rollins on the jazz angle). I know of a nice Mexican restaurant there that serves wonderful siete mares and caldo de camarones to take a break.

My goal is to just barrel through this. I've (quite honestly) been through worse, but as an adult "doing things right" rather than some punk kid with a devil-may-care attitude and simply being a lone wolf is nothing compared to actually loving and giving a sh*t about people--now that I'm able to do that, and that's part of allowing people "in." If that makes sense. Good with the bad. That's life. That's how it goes. Eff it, right?

I can be strong not only for me, but for someone else. I knew going through the gauntlet of existence had some meaning and lesson to it, I'm just diggin' deep and making it happen.

With help, yes, from friends, whatever powers-that-be, reconciling with my own position to all of it mixed together.

So, onward and upward, as it is said.

Thank you all for listening...sincerely.

8)

I wrote this earlier in pencil while relaxing with a bowl. I figured it's better shared with you all. (...and some notion that I needed to step back and take some time for myself, too...)

"Crucible of Friendship"

Charred edges on mouths of old wood
Leaves like peace falling inward
Fire downward paints dwindling orange
Prayers of blue ribbons skyward
Joined by many others in Brotherhood
Solace, wisdom, simplicity
In times of need
And times of good

8)

Kyle,

I like that. I think it does a wonderful job of capturing the essence of the BoB.

I propose that we incorporate that little sonnet into the BoB title block.

Todd