Family Part II

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not post much just want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care of yourself. MIKe

Kyle, thank you for the update, I was away from the computer for the last several days. Thought of you and your family occasionally over the weekend. Is nice to log on and see good news. May everyone continue to grow in health and well-being.

Good to hear things are finally staring to settle down Kyle, at least in a fashion. Having to be the caregiver to two loved ones at the same time must be a challenge and very stressful.

Sure sounds like you're bearing up well in all this. Take some time for yourself too.

I'll stop here or I'll start spouting old cliches......

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR

Kyle,
Glad to hear things are getting better ! Your Father must be just as ornery as you ! We will certainly keep praying as long as needed !

I've been offline for a week or more, so I'm sorry I haven't responded to this before now. I'm glad to hear things seem to be improving. I hope there's some light on the horizon for you. My own circle of friends has shrunk dramatically since my wife left. The guys on this forum, and you especially, help to balance that. Of course, if we ever met in person, you'd probably think I was a prick, so being a "random guy with an avatar" has its advantages. :p Hang in there, buddy. When you and I are away from the forum at the same time, these guys start talking about rice, toilet paper, and a tree that fell down. ;) I hope things start getting back to normal soon.
-G

Yeah, the dust is settling. Cleaning up the aftermath (bills, insurance, physical therapy, etc) will be stage two.

You have no idea how ornery my father is. I'm a sweet peach by comparison.

GK, if we left this place to its own devices, this place would turn into a knitting club. :lol:

8)

Dad's in the clear, just on some meds and a special diet (no drinking! :( )...meanwhile, Zack just got a hinged leg brace and a short cast on the arm. Gonna visit both of them again today to see how they're gettin' around.

The worst of this storm is over...

...it's the insurance storm I just can't wait to see what they're going to try and get away with. :pale: That's actually what's stressing me out the most--the financial fallout.

Dad's in the clear. All his tests came back okay as of Friday. Stoked about that, we might have a new property/project to work on, too. The dawn just might be breaking a little.

Zack's going insane from his parents constantly "caring" (as parents do) but is mending okay. Our goal is mid-September he can get up the stairs and come home.

Apparently I've been stronger than I give myself credit for, but keeping the peace with an ailing family is sure patience-testing. I've found a good rhythm of "Kyle time" in between the necessary tasks, though. Which is good.

We're doing okay, all things considered. I'm trying to figure out how to help pay for all of this, but I have a plan to help ease the blow.

8)

As always, just keep plugging away! Hopefully the news will continue to be much more good than not

I'm staying positive, and helping everyone else to do so, too. It's tough, but it's necessary.

8)

Great news about your Dad and Zack. I'm happy for you that things are starting to turn around.

Regards

Jers